Thea Queen- Dinner: Part 1 (c)

Both of you had come from wealth, raised with the elite and expected to someday marry a nice person of similar standing and enjoy all the best things in life. Thea and you had always been friends and now were dating. Being from the same elitist worlds, you thought it would be easy to go out on dates and happily form the lives that your parents wanted for you. If only life was that easy.

You were both dressed up in clothes that cost more than most people's rent and headed to a restaurant that your mother had recommended. The cost would go onto one of your family's tabs, so cost wasn't a problem, but it still felt odd. You had been to so many of those sorts of places in your life, but you hadn't never felt at home in them, preferring something far more casual.

Taking a seat at the table, you looked over the menu, allowing it to hide your face from your date, her doing a similar thing.

"Anything catching your fancy?" She asked.

You looked around the room to see equally fancily dressed people eating meals, if you could call them that. Even freshly brought out plates barely had a morsel on it yet were charging almost three figures for less than a mouth full.

"I might have to order at least three mains to even notice something is on my plate," you laughed.

Thea peered over her menu to smile at you, the two of you making eye contact.

"But would you get the caviar or the golden coated chicken?" She chuckled. "There is a new level of pretentious when you go out for a meal to somewhere to just claim you've had the food before grabbing a burger on the way home."

You agreed. Although it was the world you were raised in, you didn't believe in spending money just for the sake of it. Just because something was more expensive, it didn't mean it was better, and this restaurant was the best example of it.

"I could do with a burger," you said, almost salivating at the thought. "And a strawberry milkshake."

Thea turned up her nose at you. "Chocolate milkshake."

You rolled your eyes as you folded your menu and placed it on the table in front of you.

"Do you want to bail?" You offered. "There's that burger joint by the park."

She put her menu with yours, nodding her head and jumping up from the table. "It sounds much better than here."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by