Kara Danvers- Jealous (c)

"You're the best," you squealed, wrapping your arms around Alex and pulling her into a tight and caring hug.

"I know," she laughed returning the embrace.

As you pulled away from the eldest Danvers' you saw her younger sister had just walked into the room, now holding a sour expression upon her face. Kara didn't look impressed by the sight and quickly turned on her heel and left the room before she was able to say anything to either of you. You probably wouldn't have even known that she walked into the room if you hadn't looked up at that exact moment.

You made eye contact with Alex both rather confused.

"I'm sorry, I'll be back in a moment," you apologised to her before rushing off after Kara.

You had known Alex and Kara since you were in high school and since the first day you had been completely head over heels for the younger sister. She was the same age as you and had a beautiful heart. Kara was everything that you could have ever asked for, but she never showed that she felt the same way as you. Alex knew you were completely infatuated with her sister, so had finally convinced you to let her help you admit your feelings to her as she was certain that Kara felt the same even if you doubted it.

"Kara," you called out as you entered the room that she was in, gaining her attention.

"What?!" She said bitterly.

"You looked upset," you said softly, not sure why she was acting so unpleasantly. "You're my best friend, I didn't want to leave you on your own if you were in a foul mood."

Kara rolled her eyes at you before, crossing her arms over her chest, letting out a grumpy sigh.

"Why don't you go back to Alex?" She grunted. "You seemed pretty cosy?"

It took you a second to fully understand what was going on. Was Kara jealous of your and Alex? All you did was hug Alex, there was no romance there. The two of you had been friends for ever but had never felt anything more and she was helping you admit how you felt to Kara, so nothing was going to happen there.

"Are you jealous?" You questioned.

She snapped her glare at you. "Oh yeah... I'm jealous that the woman I've been in love with for years is with my sister. Yes, it bloody hurts to be betrayed by you both."

You couldn't help but laugh. She was so terribly daft.

"You're an idiot Kara," you laughed.

"What?" She said, offended by your words.

"I've been in love with you for years Kara. I only hugged Alex then because she has helped me plan the perfect night to spend with you so I can tell you that I love you. I guess I don't need that now."

She instantly became sheepish, feeling terrible for the way she reacted to you.

"I'm sorry Y/N," she said softly.

"You can make it up to me by going out with me tomorrow night?" You smiled.

"I'd love that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by