Floyd Lawton- Children (a)

"To be honest, I don't feel too great about being alone with the hitman of the Suicide Squad on a rooftop. Especially not when we are far... far away from everybody else that can save me."

"Don't worry, I've got far too much riding on this to do anything stupid. Would you rather be with the psychopathic clown girl, the human crocodile, the pyromaniac gangster or the Australian?" Deadshot, or Floyd Lawton as he was formally known, spoke out from behind his scope as he scoured the city for any signs of trouble the squad might run into. "The thing is, I couldn't give two shits about this group of people, you or in fact anybody else in this program or the government or even myself to some degree."

"Let me guess, you only care about your daughter." Peering away from your binoculars you saw him smirk

"And here I was thinking all you desk bound pencil pushers were idiots."

"Far from it, Mr. Lawton. In fact, your daughter was one of the reasons you were chosen against some of the other candidates." You peered up and down the smoke ridden streets, making sure the path ahead was safe for Colonel Flag and rest of the experiment. "We knew that you wouldn't dare put yourself at more risk than required."

"Do you have children?" Floyd asked, pulling his eye from the curved glass.

"I would prefer to not speak of my home life with you Mr. Lawton."

"You seem alright so far. You've had your chance to off me and I'm still here. We're probably gonna be here for a while, might as well talk about something. You know practically everything about me and here I am. I know nothing about the person that holds a button that could blow my head clean from my neck." He chuckled to himself as he brought his gaze back through the broken window.

"Fine, I have a partner. No children yet though, I don't really think it would be fair to them given my current career and how long I have to stay from home."

"You mean keeping a child away from their father for years isn't good for their development? Well shit who would have thought."

"Don't blame me for your current situation Mr. Lawton. I didn't mould you into a hitman. Your confinement has nothing to do with me."

"Either way, it's still bullshit. Everybody needs to eat, right?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.