Diana Prince- Marsh (a)

You ducked under the swing as the meaty fist narrowly missed your face. The German soldier brought his heavy, thick leather boot up to your chest and as you were off balance rammed you into the marshy ground. Diana's lasso cracked above your head as she yanked the muddy rifle out of the determined hands of the enemy soldier, the gun clattered against the floor as she brought him to his knees. You scurried from the floor, dove onto the weapon and fired a shot into the centre of his chest.

"You alright?" She asked as she made sure he was not going to be any more trouble. "Sorry I couldn't do anything sooner." She freed the lasso from his wrists, and you scampered through his pockets, pouches and bags for ammunition for your new rifle. The war had already been going on for four years and supplies were not in surplus to begin with, at this point it was take whatever you could get. You often thought that if not for Diana the war would have ended already, your side just wouldn't have won it.

"Yeah, I'm fine don't worry. He just got a lucky shot in that's all. Come on, we should get back, we're in way too deep here." Diana shook her head, looked towards the battlefield with a great determination and wound her lasso back up. "What's the point in putting yourself in danger when you don't need to... there's more than enough peril here to go around, no point creating any more."

"I need to find Ares." Using the cover of the land she crept forwards towards the enemies trenches, it was some distance away the machine gun fire could only just be seen in the distance but it could be heard for miles and miles around. "Now, if you will excuse me..."

"I can't have you getting hurt." You gently clasped your fingers around her wrist as she tried to press forward, but she ripped her arm from your grasp and marched on anyway.

"You don't need to worry about me, I am more than capable of looking after myself." She held her shield up in anticipation, enemy fire could possibly come from any direction and you were the only ally soldiers in at least a half a mile. "It isn't too late for you to turn back though; you should be far enough away so as long as you lay low."

"I can't let you go alone Diana; I'm coming with you. I need to be there for you, I love you."

~*~
Written by Aaron.