Alex Danvers- Cliff (c)

Working for the DEO was a dangerous job, you were used to going on missions and fearing for your life on multiple occasions, but this was pushing it. Most of your missions were with Alex and you trusted her with your life, as she did with you. You were best friends and knew how to work well together but neither of you thought that your work relationship would come to this.

The two of you had been chasing a suspect when things went completely awry. You ended up losing him but, in an attempt, to catch him you fell from a cliff. You grasped onto some over hanging roots and tried your best to hold on. Alex saw you fall and turned her attention to you, lying on her stomach on top of the cliff to try and reach other.

Alex looked for the best option to save you, both of you terrified that this wasn't going to end well, having never had to face anything like this.

"Alex," you croaked, your voice hoarse, fear running through your veins.

"It's going to be okay Y/N," she smiled reassuringly.

The roots lowered you slightly as they begun to give out for your weight, leaving you to hang lower, your mortality playing on your mind. You weren't ready to die but you doubted that the roots would hold out for much longer and without any other option, it seemed like this was your end.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold on or how long this will hold me," you whispered as tears begun to fall down your cheeks.

"It's going to be okay," Alex said frantically. "You are going to have to grab my hand."

"If I grab your hand I'm going to have to let go of the roots, I am going to fall," you panicked.

She gave you a gentle smile. "I will hold you. It's going to be okay."

You took in a deep breath, weighing up the options that you had and knew clearly that Alex would be the better option.

"Promise you won't let go," you begged.

"I promise that I will never let go of you," she assured you. "It's all going to be okay."

With a swell of courage, you swung your arm up to grab Alex, letting go of the roots. You braced yourself to fall from the cliff, but Alex had a good grip on you and helped pull you up onto the cliff top. As soon as you were back on the cliff, you both collapsed onto the grass, tears falling.

"Thank you," you sobbed. "Thank you so much."

"Anytime."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.