Dinah Lance- Dress (c)

"Shit," Dinah sighed as she leant over the edge of your bed to grab her handbag.

"What's wrong?" You asked, lazily rolling onto your side to look her.

"I don't have any clothes, I can't wear this to work again," she huffed. "I'll be late by the time I get home and changed."

Last night, you had picked your girlfriend, Dinah, up from work and took her back to your apartment to have a takeaway and watch a film. She was meant to head home straight after so that she could go to sleep in her own bed ready for her next day at work, but plans changed. One film turned into three and decided it was better for her to stay at yours instead of needing to travel home in the dark. The only problem was that neither of you considered that she didn't have anything to wear for the next day.

"You can just borrow something from my closet," you said, gesturing to the overflowing wardrobe that had more clothes stuffed into the bottom than hung up.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

You nodded your head.

Dinah slipped out of bed and started to rummage through your wardrobe picking up a dress that she knew you didn't have sentimental value in, but she thought might look alright on her. She excused herself and headed to the bathroom to try and get somewhat ready for work. You didn't bother getting up yet though. You moved back to lie on your bed, pulling the covers back up to snuggle back into bed, not seeing the point in becoming uncomfortable.

She returned a few minutes later, now wearing your dress and having brushed her hair to try and get it to look manageable even though she hadn't washed it.

"What'd you think?" She asked, gesturing to herself in your dress.

You hadn't ever really been a fan of the dress. It had never fit you too well and always seemed a little awkward to wear but on Dinah, you felt like the dress had found a new life.

"You look amazing," you grinned. "It looks good on you."

Dinah rolled her eyes at you as she didn't believe that she looked decent in the dress.

"I'm being serious," you smiled. "You really do look lovely in it."

She tried to hide her small smile that fought its way onto her lips. "Thanks."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.