Tatsu Yamashiro- Blade (a)

"All the jobs in the world and somehow were baby sitting these homicidal maniacs." Tatsu stared at you from across the soon to be full transport helicopter before returning her eyes to the edge of her Soultaker's blade. "It could always be worse I guess, good money... real good money just for making sure said maniacs don't kill Flag."

"Hopefully they all behave themselves." She ran her eyes up and down the mystical weapon before pulling it towards her face and muttering to it under her breath, you couldn't hear much and even if you could, you didn't understand Japanese anyway.

"Yeah me too, I've seen some shit, but I'd rather not have to watch Flag explode their heads, especially that big lizard freak." You thought about how disgusting chunks of half-man half-crocodile would be raining down from the sky as you watched her continue to talk to her sword, the weirdest part is you could swear it was talking back.

"I don't care if they live or die, I just don't want them to dull my sword." She picked up her half-face mask and wiped a small scuff from just above the eye before cradling it in her hands.

"What's up with that thing anyway?" You watched as the muted green vapour danced and swirled and expelled itself from the sheath. "I've used blades from every corner of this Earth, and I've never seen anything like that shit before."

"I don't think you would believe me if I told you."

"I've seen some batshit things the past few months. Don't forget that in less than an hour that crocodile... thing, a man who an shoot fire from his hands and an Australian will be sat right there. I think I can take it." She pulled the sword out and held the blade flat in her hands and asked you to talk to it.

"H-Hello?" You called out, unsure if this was a prank or if something much more sinister was due.

"Kore wa daredesu ka." A strained, almost ethereal voice called out from the pressed steel.

"He is asking who you are. Tomodachi." She called out, explaining the she was telling him that you are a friend of hers.

"This sword traps the souls of those it kills. You are talking to my lover."

"Did you... I mean it is your sword and everything."

"Itte kamisu." She slowly and carefully slid the sword back into its sheath. "You ask too many questions. You should prepare yourself, we will be departing soon."

~*~

Written by Aaron.