Kara Danvers- Baking (c)

Whilst your girlfriend was at work, you had decided to go a little crazy in the kitchen. Since the moment you woke up, to the moment that Kara walked through the door, you had been baking every single dish and pastry you could think of, so that there would be a variety of things that she could try and taste.

For anyone else that may have seemed like a bit of an odd concept, to just bake for a whole day so that your girlfriend would be able to try one of everything, but for you it had become almost a normal occurrence. You had bought an old bakery and although it had taken some time to get it back to a good standard so you could open it, you were incredibly anxious that you weren't good enough. Since you were a child, you had baked with your grandparents and loved it, growing up to bake at every point you could. Even if it was something you did frequently, you couldn't bear the thought that maybe you weren't as good as you hoped you would be, hence why Kara would be eating everything that you wanted to sell, just to make sure that it was good enough to buy.

"How much did you bake today?" Kara asked as she saw every free surface in the apartment covered in dishes and plates, piled up with baked goods.

"A fair few things," you smiled sheepishly. "I just don't want to be a foul, and everyone who comes into the bakery, ending up hating me for how much of a failure I am."

She gave you a sympathetic smile. "You're not a failure, Y/N. You're an amazing baker. Eliza even got you to make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and she never lets anyone else make the pie other than her."

You shook your head, handing her a muffin that you had made earlier in the day. She took a bite and nodded her head.

"See, delicious," she smiled. "I can assure you that everything in this room is going to taste fantastic. And if you still want me to try each and every dish, then I will happily do that because they will all taste amazing."

You let out a sigh, running a hand through your hair, not caring that you were pushing flour through it. You knew you were probably annoying for constantly needing reassuring from Kara but this was a big step in your life and if you weren't as good as you hoped you would be, then you didn't want to be disappointed by it all.

"Do you actually like my baking?" You asked.

"Would I be agreeing to spend the next three hours eating what you've baked if I hated it?" She questioned.

You shook your head. "Will you still try some of it anyway?"

Kara laughed, kissing your forehead. "It will be my pleasure."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.