Alex Danvers- Shapeshifter (c)

There was never a boring day at the DEO but today was far weirder than anything you normally had to put up with there. A shapeshifter had escaped containment and was running rampant across the DEO headquarters, messing with anyone's minds that he could get hold of along with taking on the identity of anyone he wanted to try and make his damaged worse.

You were alone in one of the corridors, having already lost sight of the shapeshifter after he had taunted and messed with you, leaving you mentally weak and desperate to get this over and done with. You shakily held your gun as you tried to either find the shapeshifter or anyone else.

As you continued to walk the door further down the corridor opened, revealing your girlfriend Alex but you had no idea whether she truly was your girlfriend as she could be the person that had already taunted you.

"Y/N," she smiled approaching you.

You held up your gun, pointing it at her. "Don't! Don't come near me!" Your words were loud but shaky.

You didn't want to shoot your girlfriend, but you didn't want to get hurt. You had no idea how to tell if it was truly Alex and you were far too scared to think clearly.

"Hey," she said, raising her hands to show she was unarmed. "It's me Y/N. It's Alex."

"How do I know?" You begged, hoping she had an answer to that question as you didn't have one.

Alex offered you a gentle smile, knowing how concerned and panicked you were. She thought for a second before slowly taking a step towards you.

"He's been caught Y/N. I promise it's me," she smiled.

"But he could look like anyone, you could be trying to trick me," you whispered, feeling as though you had lost your mind.

She shook her head. "It's me, Y/N. We went on our first date to the coffee shop on the corner and you threw your latte over yourself and thought you'd screwed up the date but you made me fall in love with you even more."

You begun to lower your gun, feeling safer with the fond memory that only Alex would know about.

"You stole the plant from the table at our second date as you claimed it was unloved and dehydrated. It now sits proudly in our kitchen," she said. "No one else knows these things about you Y/N."

The gun fell from your hand. Alex made her way to your side, wrapping her arms around you.

"I love you Y/N," she whispered, holding you tight.

Your arms shakily clung onto her, glad to have the woman you loved there for you.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.