Helena Bertinelli- Visit (c)

With the amount of fighting bad guys that you and your girlfriend Helena had done; it was only a matter of time before one of you ended up in a hospital. You had ended up being stabbed in the chest and punctured a lung meaning that your normal attempt at first aid wouldn't help matters. Helena rushed you to the hospital but left you at the door, not wanting anyone to know who she was, which you were fine with.

You lied to doctors about what had happened. You could hardly admit that you were a vigilante to the hospital staff so instead you lied and said that you had been attacked and stabbed. It meant you had to talk to the police but you made sure to be vague and make sure that you couldn't point towards anyone, not wanting an innocent person to be prosecuted for something that a now dead man had done.

By the time the sun fell, you were in your own private room getting regularly visited by nurses to make sure you were recovering fine. You wished that you could see Helena but knew why her making use of visiting hours wasn't a viable option. As you started drifting off, you heard the door to your room open. You assumed it was another nurse there to take your blood pressure as was happening regularly but instead the woman you loved stood there, no longer covered in your blood as she had been when you last saw her.

"Helena?" You said in a hushed tone not wanting anyone to hear you.

"I know I shouldn't be here, but I wanted to see you," she smiled softly, closing the door behind her.

"The nurses will go mad if they find you in here," you warned her. "It's way past visiting hours."

Helena shrugged her shoulders as she leaned down to press her lips to your forehead.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

You knew that Helena kicked herself for not protecting you even though you knew she had your back but sometimes it didn't matter how hard you tried, someone would just end up getting hurt.

"Like I've been stabbed in the chest," you said, trying to laugh but it hurt too much to do pretty much anything.

"You're going to be okay, aren't you?" She questioned.

You nodded your head. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.