Dick Grayson- Winter Wonderland: Part 2 (c)

The two of you continued to skate around the ice rink for a while until you were starting to lose the feeling in your extremities due to the bitter winter evening. Even though you were both wrapped up warm, being on the ice certainly didn't help the matter so you both decided it would be for the best if you took a break from the skating and made the most of the hot chocolate kiosk near the entrance of the rink.

Dick bought you both a hot chocolate and asked if you wanted to take a walk around the park whilst you drunk them and you happily obliged. You hooked your arm with his, holding your hot chocolate in the other hand as you made your way around the park, enjoying the winter views. You stopped by a clearing at the far end of the park and just observed the frost covered grass and beauty of winter.

"It is really beautiful," you smiled, curling yourself closer to him, partially to help fight the chilling evening of the winter, but also because you enjoyed being close to him.

"Nothing could be as beautiful as you," he smiled at you, his words making himself nervous as he feared you would consider him a fool for his compliment.

You couldn't help your cheeks becoming warmer. Although you had been happy together in the dates you had had together, you still doubted whether he did like you in the same way that you liked him or if it was a one sided interest on your part. You didn't know what you were meant to say to him, not feeling capable of thanking him for the compliment and not sure how to return the compliment without falling over your words but before you were able to say anything, Dick spoke again.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, taking a chance.

In the previous four dates, you hadn't gone further than a goodnight hug, hand holding and gentle arm touches. You certainly weren't against kissing him, but you were far too nervous to make the first move, so this was very relieving that he took the leap to ask you for your first kiss together.

Words escaped you so instead of verbally responding, you nodded your head. It didn't take a moment of waiting before your lips were connected in a gentle and loving kiss that allowed you both to see that you had a promising future past a handful of dates.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.