Diana Prince- Gun (a)

"I don't know if I can do this." Your hands trembled as you lined the notches of the crosshair up with Diana's chest.

"You need to, and more importantly, you told me you would." She stood, proud and ready with braced arms tucked behind her back. "Move to the side a bit, remember to accommodate for the wind." Her slowly closed her gentle eyes and waited for the hammer to strike the pin and for the bullet to hurl towards her. "What's the matter? Never shot your lover before?" She stepped forward with a confident smirk until there was no more than a few feet of distance between you.

"Not like this. I've never shot anybody, a lot more common a few decades ago. Well, a bit more common than you would hope for still." She reached out and grabbed the silver barrel.

"It isn't too hard, just make sure the bars line up and that I'm in them. Then it's as simple as pulling the trigger." She smiled far too much for knowing that I was about to fire a bullet, no matter how small the calibre at her. "Don't worry. I've done this plenty of times, against people who actually wanted to kill me."

"Why do I need to do it anyway? Haven't you done this enough already?" Her bare feet sunk into the grass as she leant forward and placed her ruby lips onto your cheek.

"Fortunately, it has been a while. I need to make sure that when it happens for real, I am not... rusty. Please, stop worrying. I wouldn't ask you to do this if I thought it would end in either of us being hurt." Slowly she stepped backwards, careful to not crush the flowers under her feet and resumed her previous position.

"Do you really need to do it with your eyes closed though? Do you think you're Luke Skywalker or something? You have seen Star Wars, right?"

"I watched it when it was first released. You should have seen peoples faces with the whole 'I am your father thing'. Now stop wasting time. Shoot me."

You couldn't stop your hands from shaking. You had heard the stories from her time in Themyscria, the wars she had fought in... and survived. Yet you still struggled with the thoughts of what could go wrong.

"If you love me, you'll shoot." You hated it but she was right, when she revealed her identity to you, a promise was made that you would help with any training that she needed. This could be the difference between her living and dying.

"I love you." You called out over the grassy knoll.

"I love you too." She smirked and you breathed deeply in unison before letting your finger slip onto the trigger.

~*~

Written by Aaron.