Lena Luthor- Late (c)

"Y/N."

Someone shook your shoulder and gently called your name, pulling you out of your sleep. You looked around to see Lena leaning down over you, looking rather confused to find you asleep on one of the benches in the foyer of her building. You looked at your watch to see what the time was, feeling rather groggy from the unexpected nap you had decided to have. It was four hours after you had arrived at the building, having arrived to pick up your girlfriend to take her to dinner but it was now long past your reservations.

"It's late, why are you still here?" She questioned.

"I fell asleep," you yawned. "I spoke with your assistant and she said she was going to get you, but I guess that didn't happen."

"I'm sorry," she sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I said I'd finish what I was doing and come down, but I got lost in my work."

You couldn't say you weren't disappointed, but you definitely weren't surprised that she had failed to make another one of your dates. You had been dating for a couple of years and more dates had fallen through than had been experienced. One of the things that made you fall for Lena was her passion for work and intelligence but soon it became something that got in the way.

Her work was important to her but sometimes it did bother you that no matter what you would always come second to it. Even when you had plans, she would stay at work and leave you to be disappointed by her ever long work hours.

"I guess we can get another reservation," you sighed.

Lena sat down next to you with an apologetic smile, moving a hand to rest on your leg.

"I'm really sorry Y/N," she said softly. "I know how much this meant to you and I fucked up."

"It's okay," you frowned. "I know what your work means to you."

She shook her head, pressing her lips to your cheek.

"I promise that I will make it up to you. Just tell me a time and date and I will clear everything from my books," she assured you. "I may love my work, but I love you so much more."

"It's okay," you lied.

"It isn't," she frowned. "I am going to make it up to you, please just let me do that."

You nodded your head, hoping that this time she would be able to actually follow through with it this time.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.