Donna Troy- Perfect (c)

"What's wrong?"

Donna looked concerned by your recent actions. As someone who loved you dearly, she paid attention to what you did and had noticed that recently you had started becoming more cut off from her and struggling in your day to day. She tried to wait it out knowing that you did have some bad days, but these ones didn't seem to shake, and it was beginning to worry her.

"Nothing's wrong, Donna," you smiled softly, trying to hide the pain behind a happy exterior.

You didn't want to tell her the truth. You didn't want to tell her that there was a lot that was going wrong in your mind. So much pain went through your mind on a daily basis, a lot of it to do with yourself and how terrible you felt about yourself in comparison with Donna. Maybe you put her on a pedestal, but it was hard not to. Donna was beautiful, intelligent, ambitious and kind; she was everything in the world that you wished you could be and that only made your flaws more apparent to you.

"Don't lie to me Y/N," she frowned. "I know that something is wrong, and I know that you are upset. I can't help you if you don't tell me about it."

You let out a sigh. You didn't want to lie to Donna, but you also didn't feel capable to tell her the truth, scared that she would hate you for the way that you thought.

"I just find it hard to feel good about myself when I'm dating Wonder Girl," you shrugged. "How am I meant to compare with the epitome of perfection?"

Donna cocked an eyebrow at you, not having a clue by what you meant.

"I'm hardly perfect," she stated.

"To me you are," you smiled softly. "Everything about you is perfect. You're everything I'm not."

She let out a gentle laugh as she pulled you into a warm embrace, holding you a little longer than she normally would, just to reassure and care for you.

"That's love," she stated. "Love blinds you to all the bad. I may be perfect to you but to myself I certainly am not; however, you are perfect in my eyes. I would never change a thing about you, no matter how you think of yourself."

You offered her a gentle smile, curling more into the hug, glad to have such an amazing girlfriend who you could talk to.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.