Diana Prince- Breakfast (c)

Only in your nightgown, you made your way down to the kitchen of your girlfriend's apartment. It wasn't your first time spending the night at her place, but the magic hadn't diminished of seeing her wild dark hair and sleepy eyes as she worked on breakfast for the two of you. On the kitchen table sat two mugs of steaming coffee, one having already been drunk from. You dove onto it, taking in a sip, not caring that you burnt your tongue, desperate for the caffeine to assist you in staying awake.

"Good morning," you smiled, looking over at Diana who was buttering a slice of toast, placing it onto one of the plates of breakfast that she was working on.

"Morning," she smiled back over her shoulder. "Take a seat, breakfast won't be long."

You thanked her, reminding her that it wasn't necessary for her to make your breakfast even if you were beyond glad that you would have something substantial to eat after such an energetic night.

Continuing to sip your coffee, you zoned out of the kitchen, losing yourself to your thoughts of nothing important nor anything that you would be able to recall when you came back to the room. You were stuck in a zombie like state, drinking coffee until Diana leaned over you to place your breakfast onto the table. Once the plate was down, she leaned in to press her lips to your cheek.

"Enjoy," she whispered. "I love you."

You paused, narrowing your eyes at you. In hindsight, you knew that you loved Diana from the first time you saw her, but it wasn't something either of you had said yet. You were both happy in your relationship and you weren't in a rush to say anything until you were certain of the fact.

"Did you just say that you love me?" You questioned.

She bit her lower lip before nodding it. "I must say I didn't mean to say it over a terribly made breakfast but that doesn't mean the words mean any less than they would have at any other time."

"S-so you do love me?" You asked, scared that she would admit that it was a mistake or a slip of the tongue.

"I am hopelessly in love with you."

A grin curled onto your lips as you grasped her hand in yours, delighted to have someone in your life that brought you so much joy.

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.