Helena Bertinelli- Patient: Part 2 (c)

You had been worried about taking care of Helena. Her wound was pretty intense, and it involved a lot of work, most of it that would get you kicked out of an operating theatre for using. A lot of what you did was trying to find the best out of a bad bunch of ideas but you managed to stop the bleeding and close the wound but you refused to allow her to go anywhere, insisting that she had to stay with you so you could keep an eye on her.

She was reluctant to stay in the home of a stranger, but Dinah assured her that you were a good person and would take care of her.

It had been a few days since she unofficially moved in, taking over your study that had a pull-out sofa, whilst you were still working to remove the blood from the sofa in the living room. You kept a close eye on her and whilst you took care of you, you started to get along well. She was hesitant to tell you much about her and you were fine with that, but you enjoyed the company and it was nice having someone to talk to.

Although she was struggling to move around after a week, she was well enough to head out into the world as long as she took things easy but you were beginning to dislike the idea of her being away from your home. You had become friends and you were starting to feel more, and you feared the loss of all of that and the opportunity to make something more with her once she left your apartment.

Helena packed up her bag of the few bits and pieces that Dinah had brought for her and headed towards the front door. Before she could open it, she paused and turned back to you with a nervous smile, something you hadn't seen from her since she had arrived as your patient.

"Thank you, Y/N," she smiled softly. "I appreciate everything that you have done for me."

"Anytime," you assured her. "Any friend of Dinah's is a friend of mine."

She took a deep breath. "That's the thing, I don't want to be friends with you."

You were slightly taken aback. You thought that you had gotten along well but clearly, she thought of it differently.

Before you could say anything, she continued. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me."

You bit your lower lip. "I would love to."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.