Helena Bertinelli- Warm (c)

Although you loved winter, you were far more interested in the season once you were done with work for your Christmas break. You had just finished your last day at work before you had a couple of weeks off for Christmas, so you could make the most of your favourite season. Without needing to leave the house to spend most of your day at work, you would be able to snuggle up in the collection of blankets you had amassed along with drink more hot chocolate than any single person should be able to drink.

As soon as you walked into the house that you shared with your girlfriend, Helena, the heat of the central heating bit at you chilled skin. You took off the oversized coat and scarf that you had worn to fight the winter air, letting the warmth of the house consume you even if it left your finger tips burning from the stark change in temperature.

You found Helena lying on your sofa, cuddled up in blankets and watching something on television that you were sure that she had put on simply due to the fact that there wasn't anything else on. Without even greeting her, you ripped the blanket off of her, crawling under it to pull you both into the warmth that she had developed.

"What are you doing?" Helena questioned, trying to pull herself away from your cold bare limbs that pressed to hers.

"I'm freezing, you're warm. Hug me."

The chill within you stopped your ability to form proper sentences and you desperately wanted to fight it and being cuddled up to Helena seemed to help you.

"You're so cold," she stated, still trying to fight it.

"Then hug me."

Helena rolled her eyes at you, letting her arms wrap around you, pulling the covers tighter to you both. It didn't help you very quickly, but you could feel her body heat adding to your own. Maybe it was the fact that she had already formed a warm blanket cocoon, or the love within you, but you were starting to forget about the freezing temperatures outside of your home.

"Thank you for keeping me warm," you smiled softly, snuggling up to her to be able to press your lips to her cheek.

"Anytime," she grinned. "At least for the next couple of weeks we can just stay like this instead of you needing to head out to work."

"It's going to be great."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.