Pamela Isley- Bath (c)

"Pamela," you called out, letting out a rather annoyed sigh.

You heard her footsteps coming up the stairs. When she walked into the room, she held a terracotta plant pot with a fern growing out of it, one hand running along the leaves making sure each of them having room to grow and spread out.

"Yes, my love," she smiled, not looking up from her plant.

"Why has our bathroom become home to more potted plants?" You questioned.

You gestured your hands around to point out all of the plants that had slowly begun taking over your home. The counters were covered, hiding your toothbrush holder amongst them, leaves propped onto the taps and hanging down into the basin. Around the edge of the bath there was more and on the toilet cistern, leaving no surface from green. You could cope with that; they made your girlfriend happy but now the whole of the bath was filled with them.

All you wanted was a relaxing soak in the tub but seen as there were more plants than you could count and spilled soil filling it, there was no chance you'd get what you wanted.

"The conservatory was far too cold for them, I needed somewhere more suitable until the temperature rises again," she explained as though that was meant to make perfect sense.

"And how am I meant to have a bath?" You asked.

Pamela shrugged her shoulders. "I made sure to leave the sink free in case you needed to wash before I could move them back."

You let out another sigh. "Pam."

She shook her head at you, almost cradling the plant pot she was carrying in her arms before she started to toy the leaves between her fingers once again.

"Please stop being so hostile," she said softly. "It doesn't do well for their growth. I cannot bear to think that they shall wither."

The expression on your face softened. One of the things that you fell for when you met Pamela was how caring and passionate, she was for all life especially plant life, you couldn't be annoyed about it now. Maybe you could go without a bath for a couple of days if it made her happy and if not, you'd have to help her rehome them in whatever space you could find in the rest of your shared home.

"My apologies," you said softly. "Just promise me that they'll go back when it's warmer?"

"Of course," she assured you. "Thank you for being understanding."

"Anything for you."

~*~

written by Charlotte.