Lena Luthor- Smile (c)

Lena worked hard on her experiments, putting all her time and effort into whichever she focused her attention onto at the time. Sometimes they didn't work but that just meant there was one less way that she needed to do to be able to get it to work. Most of what she did went over your head but as her loving partner, you were more than happy to get her coffee, pass her things she needed and be there as a loyal cheerleader to encourage her to keep going when she felt like she couldn't any longer.

"Finally!" Lena exclaimed as the machine she was working on begun to make a whirring noise and the lights switched on.

She was practically jumping up and down on the spot as it begun to do what she wanted it to. Lena span around to look at you with the goofiest grin upon her face, pure excitement and happiness rushing through her, glad that all the pain she had been through had been for something.

"Is it working?" You asked, jumping up from the seat you had been to properly inspect what she had been doing.

"Yes," she grinned. "Attempt seventy-three was the correct one."

Her smile couldn't falter as she was so glad that things had happened correctly. Even if she had begun to lose hope in the project she was working on, now it didn't matter anymore as everything had worked out in the way that she wanted to. You couldn't help but smile back at Lena. You had never seen her hold so much joy before and seeing your girlfriend happy made you happy too.

As she looked at you smiling back at her, she cocked an eyebrow not knowing what was causing your expression.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She questioned.

You approached her and rested a hand on her cheek. "That smile is too much for me."

Lena rolled her eyes at you and the words that she found rather daft.

"I'm glad that you are doing great as I always knew you would," you smiled. "I told you that you would be able to do it, you just have to persevere."

"I don't think I would be able to keep my chin up if I didn't have you there to reassure me," she responded.

You pressed your lips to hers and let your happiness combine, happy for the work that she had done.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.