Harley Quinn- Dinner (a)

"Fucking bullshit!" Harley marched through Doc's kitchen, adamant that he might be hiding but inside knowing that tonight would not be the night she would get to enjoy her number 32 with extra chilli. "The one night, the one fucking night that I bring a guest round and Doc goes out. Selfish asshole." You followed Harley as she marched up the tight stairs with her stroppy arms flailing. "What do you want instead? I don't really do the whole cooking bullshit, but I guess I can make an exception."

"What do you have?" You took a careful seat on Harley's sofa, cautious not to sit on and break any of her eclectic decorations. "I'm not picky, I'll have whatever I don't mind."

"Let's see." She flung the cupboards open and her hand reached deep inside. "We've got... oh wow, I've been looking for this everywhere." She pulled out a worn and scratched handgun. "Cool." She threw it onto the countertop behind her, the firearm discharged and put a smoking hole in the forehead of her cruel drawing of Mr. J. "That would have been really cool if I meant to do that." After applauding herself for what was almost another reason for every cop in the country to be after her, she dove back into the food stock. "Does it matter if the food is still in date?"

"It depends on what it is and exactly how long it's been out of date for..." She studied the back of the carton, mouthing along to the endless list of ingredients and nutritional information.

"This is some lovely, very lovely spaghetti sauce."

"And..."

"And it went out of date three months ago." Your look of disapproval was met with an eye roll and the carton being rammed to the back of the cupboard, not to emerge for another few months. "I thought you weren't picky?"

"How about we just get some take out? We can get whatever you want, it's my treat."

"Fine, but on one condition." She jumped over the counter, landing just in front of you and almost sending the floor of the old apartment caving in. "You've made me be good all day. I haven't stolen anything; I haven't broken anything."

"What do you want Harley?"

"When the delivery guy gets here I get to give him just one little punch in the stomach, that isn't too much to ask for."

"Do you have any spaghetti for the sauce?" You sighed.

~*~

Written by Aaron.