Diana Prince- Hope (c)

It was an unfamiliar village that had been hit with the ongoing war that battled throughout Europe. No one knew what the battle held or who would be returning but with your girlfriend off to fight in the frontline, hoping to find Ares, you were desperate for her to return, just to know that she was okay. Of course, you wished there wasn't any casualties on either side of this war, but you weren't naïve of the fact that war meant death and destruction.

You were practically left biting your nails as you waited and prayed that Diana would come back to you. If you could have only one wish for anything you would make sure that she came back well and unharmed.

Every second was spent looking out to the horizon, hoping to see her and her friends but it was always bare and unrelenting. After staying there for what felt like an eternity but was realistically barely a couple of days, you could see a group upon the horizon.

Rushing out onto the snow-covered street, you made your way towards the group, hoping to make out the shape of the woman you loved. As you neared them, you noticed the long dark hair of Diana walking amongst her comrades. You sped up your pace, rushing off towards her.

A large smile spanned across your face as you reached her. Diana seemed tired and dirty from a long few days through the frontline of war but all you could focus on currently was that she was still alive and here with you.

"I'm so glad that you are okay Diana," you squealed, throwing your arms around her, and pulling her into a tight hug.

Diana wobbled slightly with the sudden force of your body slamming into her. She wrapped her arms around yours, making you beyond happy to have her back in your arms.

"I was so scared that I would lose you," you said, holding her tight. "When you didn't come back, I thought the worst."

"Ares wasn't in the frontline," she stated. "It was something beyond all I have known. Men fighting men, it is far worse than I knew."

You gave her a sympathetic smile as you leaned in to kiss her softly.

"It is a crazy world, but it will find a lighter day soon. I am just glad that lighter day will be able to come with you here," you smiled softly.

"Once I defeat Ares, your men shall be happy once more," she said.

"There is always hope."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by