Dick Grayson- Winter Wonderland: Part 1 (c)

One of your friends had set you up with her colleague Dick Grayson and sent you out on a date together. You were apprehensive as you didn't know him at all, having only heard of him through her conversations but the date couldn't have gone much better than it did. The two of you hit it off perfectly well and it led to several more dates that hinted towards a promising relationship. For your fifth date, Dick invited you to the temporary ice-skating rink in the local park to try and fulfil any winter wonderland dreams that you could have ever wanted.

You had never been ice skating before, but you were just glad to spend time with Dick even if it wasn't something that you deemed that you would be good at. He rented the two of you pairs of skates and once they were on your feet, you wobbled your way over onto the ice, trying to ignore the panic inside of how terribly wearing knives on your feet could end up.

"Are you okay?" Dick asked, holding your arm as you tried to steady yourself on the ice.

You nodded your head, but your fingers were digging into his arm which seemed to go against that.

"I think I'm going to fall," you croaked, your legs shaking under you.

"I'll catch you," he smiled softly.

Your cheeks became redder as he laced his arms around you to help the two of you rely on each other and keep some form of balance. You allowed Dick to lead you in your movements across the ice, his balance far superior to your own. Together you clumsily skated around the rink, several times stumbling but Dick kept up his words and stopped you from falling onto the ice.

"This is actually quite fun," you grinned as you started to make your way out of Dick's arms, able to hold yourself up but you still happily held onto his hand, more out of wanting to be close with him rather than needing his support.

"I hoped you would enjoy it," he smiled to you. "I did worry when you struggled to stand up on the ice."

You shrugged your shoulders. "It's all thanks to you. I enjoy your company."

He tried to hide the fact he was shocked by your words, not expecting you to actually enjoy spending time with you but he was certainly grateful for your words.

"I enjoy your company too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.