John Blake- Emergency Contact (h)

It was difficult being in a relationship with a police officer, especially when they had to go on the rather unsettling cases.

You loved him, of course, but it was quite unnerving when you knew that John was out on a case that could go majorly wrong.

Before he went out in the morning, he would always reassure you that things were going to go completely fine and that you didn't need to worry however you always did.

A lot of the time it was just pointless worry, you knew that he would come home, mostly, unscathed and completely fine but you still worried.

Getting a call from the hospital had always been one of your worst nightmares, you never wanted to hear that John had ended up in hospital because he had gotten himself into something to save someone over himself.

Unfortunately, a call was what you had just received and it told you that John was in hospital because he had been shot due to trying to save one of his colleagues from getting hit.

You knew that John would be okay, he was a stubborn guy so he wasn't going to be giving up anytime soon nor was he going to stay in that hospital bed for too long.

You walked into the hospital and went over to reception "Hi" you greeted the receptionist and she looked up at you "Can you tell me which room John Blake is in please?" you asked.

She typed away at her computer but then looked back at you with a confused expression across her face "I'm sorry, we don't have a John Blake checked in here" she told you apologetically.

You shook your head slightly "Oh sorry, try Robin Blake" you suggested, forgetting that Robin was his legal name.

After typing something into her computer again, she nodded and pointed down the hall "Just go straight down there, turn left at the end of the corridor and he's in the first room on your right" she explained.

You smiled at her in thanks, before following her directions and finding John's room.

Pushing open the door, John raised his head and looked over to see you walking in "What are you doing here Sweetheart?" he asked as he sat up.

You sighed and sat down on the chair at the side of his bed, reaching over to intertwine his fingers with yours, "I'm your emergency contact, remember?" you reminded him which caused him to chuckle.

"I told them not to call you, I didn't want you to worry" he sighed as he spoke.

You gave him a pointed look "They must have realised you were being idiotic" you stated and he rolled his eyes.

"Sweetheart, I love you and I really do, but I know how much you hate seeing me like this" he rubbed circles on your hand with his thumb as he spoke.

You nodded in acknowledgement "I understand that" you smiled at him whilst you talked "However, I always want to be able to help you and even if I have to sit here whilst you're being stubborn, so be it" you told him stubbornly.

You let go of his hand momentarily so that you could take off your jacket, and then curled up in the chair as you took his hand again.

John lifted your hand up to his lips and pressed a kiss to it, making you giggle as it tickled.

"I'm gonna marry you one day, I swear"

~*~

Written by Hannah.