Ray Palmer- Insecurities (c)

It had been love at first sight for you and Ray. You didn't know why he liked you in return but when you met at a conference, it was hard to not recognise the chemistry between you. He asked you on a date and neither of you ever looked back. It had been three years of bliss and now you lived together and were hoping to start the next steps to your future soon enough. Everything from the outside seemed perfect, if only people could see the pain that bubbled within your head.

Not once had you ever doubted your love for Ray, but you certainly questioned everything to do with yourself. You were terribly insecure about pretty much everything. You tried your best to hide how terrible you felt about yourself but sometimes it got to the point where you couldn't contain it anymore.

Tonight, was meant to be your date night. Ray had booked a table at your favourite restaurant, leaving you to get ready to head out for the meal. You had gone up to your room with a lot of time to spare to give you the opportunity to pick the perfect outfit and get ready but alas that didn't happen. By the time Ray headed upstairs to get ready himself, he found you sat on the bedroom floor surrounded by the contents of your wardrobe and tears rolling down your cheeks. The only clothes you wore were your underwear, having not gotten any further than that in getting ready.

"What's wrong?" He asked crouching down beside you.

"I have nothing to wear," you cried.

Ray cocked an eyebrow at you as he looked around the room at the clothes strewn everywhere.

"I think this mess proves you have more choice than most," he said, attempting to lighten the mood.

"I look terrible in it all," you frowned. "I hate how I look in it all and I can't bear for you to have to be seen with such an ugly mess as myself."

He shook his head, leaning in to press his lips to your forehead.

"Don't be daft," he said softly. "I love you and I love how you look. You are perfect inside and out and there is no reason to doubt that."

"Don't lie to me Raymond," you frowned.

"I'd never lie to you about how much I love you."

Ray leaned in again this time to seal his lips to your own.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.