Diana Prince- Dreams (c)

Your group had set up a camp having just spent time at the trenches, Diana attempting to find Ares in an attempt to end the war that was ravishing the world. You had been friends with Steve and insisted you wanted to join the group, having become close with Diana through your travels. The two of you were sharing a tent, whilst the men were in two others nearby.

As far as you knew Diana had fallen asleep soon after you had. It wasn't the best sleep ever, sleeping in a thin sleeping bag on the ice hardened floor that wasn't kind to your back nor keeping you warm. Nevertheless, you were able to sleep as best as you could until you were sharply awoken by your companion's screams.

You jumped up, stumbling in your sleeping bag, attempting to prepare yourself to fight.

"Diana," You groaned sleepily, attempting to let your eyes to adjust to the darkness so that you could see whatever threat was around. "Are you okay?"

"Oh... Y/N," she panted gripping her cover. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"Are you hurt? Are we under attack?" You said spinning in place to attempt to hit whomever else was there.

"No," She whispered. "I just had a bad dream. My apologies for disturbing you."

You let out a sigh of relief. You weren't fond of fighting at the best of times, let alone when you were half asleep with drool coating your cheek.

"Are you okay?" You asked, sitting back down in your sleeping bag.

"Yes... yes," she said softly. "It was such a terrible dream."

"Want to talk about it?" You smiled.

She told you that she didn't want to bother you with her dreams, but you insisted that you wanted to help her.

"I couldn't defeat Ares. I couldn't safe everyone. I am meant to be able to kill him, to end all war; I don't know if I can though. I do not want to disappoint everyone though," she said softly, in the darkness you could see the tears in her eyes glint from the light of the moon.

You shifted towards her, wrapping your arms around her to comfort her.

"You have us, we will fight with you until the very end. And we wouldn't be doing that unless we believed in you, believe me we believe in you. I wouldn't have had to courage to fight for what is right without you. Women don't fight, we sit idle until a man asks for a cup of tea, you've shown me we can do anything a man can, if not better. We need you to help us because the war cannot end without you, however you have us to support you until you kill Ares because we know you can do it," you smiled warmly.

Diana wiped a tear from her eye, giving you a gentle smile. "Thank you Y/N. I couldn't do this without you all."

"And we couldn't do this without you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by