Nia Nal- Autumn (c)

You and your girlfriend Nia enjoyed going for long walks through the local park, especially when autumn rolled around, and you could enjoy the crisp air and leaves crunching under foot. Any time the two of you had together out of work would be spent taking a long walk and enjoying nature until you'd head home rather tired and worn out, able to appreciate the rest you had at home.

Today was a day like any other. The two of you woke up and had breakfast before getting ready for an autumnal walk, one of the last you'd be able to squeeze in before the snow begun to fall and your walks would become shorter and covered in wool and fleece. It was still getting colder and both of you were fairly well wrapped up when you left the house to head out for a walk. You walked arm in arm for over an hour until you found your favourite spot to stop for a view. It was usually a silent moment for the two of you, letting the sounds of birds or crunching leaves fill your ears but you were unable to appreciate the sound of nature due to the overwhelming noise of Nia's teeth chattering.

You looked over to your girlfriend whose cheeks were becoming rosier in the bitter cold as she tried to pull the coat that she wore closer around her.

"Are you cold?" You questioned.

She shook her head, but you knew it was a blatant lie.

"Would you like my scarf?" You asked her as you started unfurling your scarf from around your neck.

Nia shook her head again, pushing her hands against the scarf to keep it on yourself.

"I'm fine."

She wasn't an overly stubborn person, but she would always put her needs second of others, especially behind the people she cared most about in life.

You continued to unfurl your scarf before wrapping it around the two of you. You knew it wasn't going to be a solution for the rest of the walk but whilst you were stood still it forced to two of you to be close together and assisted in giving her excess warmth that she desperately needed.

"I love you," you grinned, leaning in to peck her lips lovingly.

"I love you too," she smiled.

You pulled on the ends of the scarf to keep Nia close as possible to you.

"I was hardly going to let you freeze to death," you stated. "Anyway, you look a whole lot cuter in my scarf than I do."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.