Chapter 358: The Temple Showdown

Hizashi tried to not turn as red as a tomato over Nemuri's all knowing grin, or flip Shota off for a backhanded comment. Akemi was the only one who didn't tease him as she hugged him tightly whispering into his ear.

"Be safe tomorrow." She backed away to look into his eyes as her hands were upon his shoulders. "I know the Gladiator Agency is coming by to lend a hand, but still, be careful please Hizashi. Emiko's going to be a wailing banshee if anything happens to her favorite uncle! Eri will somehow find a way to blame herself...and Hitoshi will just be depressed to the point of needing medication. And Shota..."

Shota gently removed her hands from Hizashi's shoulders. "I think he understands Akemi."

Akemi turned to Shota and sighed as she turned back to face Hizashi with her worried eyes. "Are you sure you don't want us to bring your voice amplifier?"

"Nope, I'm going to put all your sparring practices into good use tomorrow Akemi. I still remember rule number 10 of combat fighting: Everything can be a weapon, and there's no shame in fighting dirty as long as you survive."

She gave him a slightly less concerned look as he grinned. "Relax Akemi, I'll be fine. To quote Snipe, this isn't my first rodeo!"

"Okay, I trust you..." She turned to Kurenai. "I can trust you to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid Kurenai?"

Hizashi shouted in disbelief. "Hey! So Much For Trust Akemi!"

Kurenai swatted his calf with one of her two tails. He immediately took a knee. "Ow! Charlehorse!"

He looked up and saw Kurenai's ears were flattened against her head over his loud voice right in her ear. He flinched over her tense irritated grin as she spoke. "Oh you won't have to worry, I'll keep him in line...right Zashi?"

He gulped over her stern tone and irritated smile. "Sorry love...but seriously your taking her side?" He pouted like a child when he stood up after the dreaded Charlehorse faded.

"Sorry Zashi, but you know it's the truth." She kissed his cheek.

He rolled his eyes and playfully bumped her hip with his. "Yeah whatever."

Nemuri grinned brightly. "Well I'm beat let's head back," she pointed to Hizashi and Kurenai, "if you don't at least do anything I would do then I'll be very disappointed in you both! Enjoy your night in paradise!"

Akemi started laughing alongside Nemuri as Shota smirked over Hizashi and Kurenai's bright red faces. "See ya later Hizashi."

After they left Kurenai turned to address the three smirking women. "You three don't have to come tomorrow you've earned a break. That goes for you to Shizuki."

Shizuki rolled her eyes with a sarcastic grumble. "As if I even wanted to fight against Mafia bosses? Thank you—oh thank you, for not even considering me Lady Kitsune. Once again you have saved me the glory of battle. Oh how will I ever repay such kindness?"

Kurenai's eyes narrowed. "Shizuki, stay home."

Shizuki pouted and grumbled. "Fineeeee...it takes all the fun out of hero work though."

Shizuki's father chuckled. "Come along sweetheart."

When The Sly Fox was locked up for the night and security set Kurenai and Hizashi collapsed into her bed in a heated passion.

Kurenai was panting heavily and screamed in bliss as he kissed her neck. "Ohhhhh Zashi!"

"I love you...my Foxy Enchantress."