Chapter 333: Until you've seen brutality like I have my standards of you are low

A nineteen year old Akemi was with her parents meeting up with Pro Hero Inquisitor of the Gladiator Agency and his twenty three year old protégé...who acted more like a teenager than he did a twenty three year old man.

The young man was dressed all in white and wore a straight jacket and white head covering at all times. Her mind drifted to Shota. A week after his own debut as a pro hero Shota chose to seclude himself from the Yuriemoto Agency and instead chose to work for the Gladiator Agency.

Granted it was concerning but Akemi liked Kurotama, she trusted him to watch over Shota, but Genkaku...

Genkaku didn't talk much, and whenever he did, he was always arguing with himself.
——————————————————————

Nobuyuki's eyes were hesitant. "Are you sure this is wise Inquisitor? Now don't get me wrong I have no doubts about my daughters capabilities or Asylum's but...their still sidekicks."

Kurotama took out his cigarette and blew out the fumes. "They are not children, and nor are they teenagers, but you are right...they are still sidekicks and this is a high ranked infiltration mission against the Crimson King Joker and his house of lunatics. Their always looking for new members."

The Demon spoke with a dark chuckle. "If they want a psychopath they'll get a psychopath..."

Genkaku gripped his head covering. "Stop! This is serious! You know what their doing inside their hideout! You have to listen to me! Please just this once! For the sake of the kidnapped children just this once that's all I ask please!"

Akemi noticed Kurotama was activating his quirk and slowly Genkaku calmed down as the demon spoke with a grumble.

"Fine...for the brats. But if those bastards start shooting up the place...Then None Of You Will Be Able To Hold Me Back!"

Akemi stepped forward with a frown. "Hey Demon, I suggest you shut up and listen up!"

The Demon turned to address her. Akemi quickly learned from Shota, that the Demon was a part of Genkaku's mind and a large part of what makes up his hallucination quirk, and that it couldn't be cancelled out in it's entirety like most quirks. It was always there wether Genkaku liked it or not. Shota told her Genkaku's Demon half wasn't someone you wanted to anger but Akemi wasn't one to back down easily. Her stubbornness made the Demon snarl at her through Genkaku.

"You've Got Fire Harionago...I Wonder How Long It Will Last?"

He smirked wickedly with a demonic chuckle as he was surrounded at hair point by her barbs. "You better stay calm during this mission or else you will have a good time regaining the feeling of your limbs." Her blood red eyes narrowed. "I will NOT have you put the success of this mission in jeopardy! We're fighting to become heroes so act like it, Dammit!"

Genkaku blinked. "Hero?" The Demon made him sneer. "Hero...BWHAHAHA YOU THINK I'M A HERO?"

Genkaku returned and chuckled dryly. "Oh girly I'm no hero. I'm on a path of redemption."

"Redemption?"

"You heroes are told to never kill unless it's unavoidable for the success of the mission. They say killing makes you like the villains, so wouldn't that make me a villain?"

Akemi's eyes widened. Her parents were impassive, they already knew.

The Demon smirked into a wicked grin. "Yessss Harionago, I've killed people...in cold blooded murder at the age of six was when I made Genkaku kill off his entire mafia family."

Genkaku returned and his voice held the weight of a veteran pro not a twenty-three year old man.

"We've been locked away in an asylum of hell until I was the age of fourteen, so forgive us if we're being to cynical for you, but your a rookie, a graduate student fresh out of high school with no real experience in the brutal reality we live in. You've never seen brutality like I have, and until you do, my standards of you are low. I'm not here to be your friend so back the hell off and maybe you won't get hurt when the Demon decides he's had enough and goes wild."

Akemi's hands clenched into fists as her eyes narrowed. "I'll stop him."

Genkaku froze and blinked underneath his head covering. "What?"

"When he goes wild...I'll stop him." She walked away from Kurotama's desk towards the door but turned her head to stare at Genkaku from over her shoulder. "And one more thing...your wrong Genkaku, I have seen death...I see death everyday I look into my boyfriends eyes...I see the brutal deaths that haunt him as if I were seeing them with my own eyes. It's painful watching from the sidelines as the one you love has to suffer, but its even more painful when he's choosing to shut you out at every twist and turn of the mind and heart. I've been through enough heartache and so has he. He just refuses to acknowledge the pain in exchange for a mental cage to hide in. We all have our own cage. Mine...is being unable to help the one I love from the grief of his own mind. I've tried but failed...and now it's up to you and Kurotama to help save him from himself. So please don't fail me."

"Your boyfriend...he's Erasure-Brat isn't he?"

She clenched the door knob with a snarl. "Yes, he is. What of it?"

Genkaku spoke this time. "He's the only one who gives me a semblance of calm, thanks in part to his quirk. He's a great fighter, and..."

"And?"

"He speaks rather fondly of you."

"It's so sappy I wanna barf!"

Akemi's grip lessened on the doorknob as she sniffed and smiled, "Thank you..." before she closed the door.