Chapter 297: A legacy of many stories

Hitoshi's Legacy Paper: Part 1
Asami Fumiko's brutal death
---------------------

Hitoshi stood up on the stage and looked out into the crowd and spoke.

"I find it incredible how friendships can transcend lifetimes, and even grow into strong familial bonds. My legacy paper was originally going to be about a single Pro Hero but understanding his story made me realize that his legacy didn't start with him and nor is it solely his own legacy. It is a tale that revolves around three families but I've recently changed that to four families, a reasoning that I concluded to be appropriate to the legacy this Pro Hero left behind."

"The Pro Hero I researched is someone who lived his life deep in the shadows of the hero society. This hero was unknown to the fans of the hero society and I certainly hope he won't be to mad at me up in heaven for telling you his story. But...I want his story to be heard. Because his story is very important to my father's family, and is linked by blood with my adoptive parents. That is especially so for my adoptive father and mentor Shota Aizawa who inherited his quirk from this pro hero."

"This Pro Hero was Shota Aizawa's Grandfather. His name was Hayato. For reasons I'm choosing to refram from saying his surname."

"Hayato was the man who inspired Nobuyuki Yuriemoto with the idea of creating the Underground Hero Agency. An agency to which Akemi Yuriemoto and Shota Aizawa are both a part of. Hayato was not tied to an agency instead he worked with the police as a specialty undercover detective and was known by his hero name from only a select few individuals. His hero name was Erasure. He called his quirk Cancellation. Dressed like a ninja his skills with a Kunai and Kusarigama are something to be admired. His total count of villain captures beats Endevaors by a mile. A record that is only possible because of his skill and the ability to use his quirk without the limitations of floating hair like his future grandson..."

He then chuckled hesitantly. "Uh...no offense dad."

Shota smirked and commented. "None taken son after all my father's the one who gave me that limitation with that naturally gravity defying hair."

"Anyway as I was saying the fact he is unknown is because of his strategic mind being that of an IQ level genius. He took down villains before they could even comprehend the nature of his quirk. He used his skillset to help solve a serial killer cold case many feared would never be solved. However, he didn't do it alone, he had help from the most unlikeliest of allies. This ally was a thief and this thief played a very important role of Hayato's legacy..."

Hitoshi sighed softly and spoke. "But I'm getting ahead of myself. Firstly I wanna introduce you to a young woman who's tragic death started it all."

He held up a small remote device given to him by Uncle Hizashi and pressed the button for the automated slide to appear on the video screen embedded within wall behind the auditorium stage.