Chapter 303: To grow from the tragedy, you first have to live.

Hitoshi's Legacy Paper
Part 7
They shall come to know pain, for it is by knowing pain that they shall grow into heroes who fight for the lives of the innocent. So they can live in a world where peace might exist.
-------------------

Hitoshi closed his eyes and focused on centering all his thoughts. The projection screen still had the picture of Osamu and Yuina on it. It was a fitting image for the next story within Hitoshi's lengthy Legacy Paper.

"All it takes for a child's entire world to shatter is a single horrific moment...where the child sees death and comes to know pain."

Hitoshi shook his head and refused to meet anyone's gaze. "How do you even begin to explain to a four year child that his parents died honorable deaths...when that child had to be a witness their demise? How could the child service department blindly believe the lies of an abusive foster parent? God I have so many issues with that. I can't even begin to imagine a child of four years old having to suffer with so much abuse for so long and yet...and yet...that's the reality. The cruel reality that was burned into that child's psyche along with the sight of every memory he had of his parents all burning to ash in the fireplace of that abusive bastards apartment. The only photo that was saved was the photograph this painting is referenced from. A photograph lovingly cherished by their only son."

Hitoshi bit his lip and clenched his hands into fists. "I have so many questions that I wanna ask child services...I doubt I will ever get a proper answer and it sickens me. Because I was also in a home where love was as foreign of a concept as family. At the age of five their son acted more like a sad kitten."

Hitoshi smirked. "Their sad kitten of a son was reluctant when it came to making friends. But eventually he made friends with a loud mouthed cockatoo haired child named Hizashi Yamada."

Hitoshi smirked softly as he clicked the remote button. Shota laughed at Hizashi's smug grin over the photograph Hitoshi decided to used.

 Shota laughed at Hizashi's smug grin over the photograph Hitoshi decided to used

"And so the cockatoo and the sad kitten became inseparable best friends."

Shota gave a fake cough. "Ahem! That sad kitten has a name, and unless you want training tonight until 2:00am tomorrow morning I suggest you use it!"

Hitoshi paled and chuckled hesitantly. "Hehe sorry dad. Anyway, Shota was a stubborn kindhearted but quiet child who was always sticking his neck out for others. Especially when they were being bullied. Despite earning a black eye he was smiling when Hizashi finally gained his quirk after defending themselves from a bully. However, life back home wasn't easy for Shota, not with the abusive foster parent giving him a bruised cheek to match his black eye. Hizashi was his only friend. His only reason to stay silent about the abuse was so he could stay in the same apartment as his friend. They shared the same dreams of becoming Heroes and would train whenever they could. They even trained at night in all types of weather to grow stronger without the adults noticing."