Chapter 354: Reconciliation

Hizashi took leave as soon as his last class was done for the school day. He sat outside the dormitory in a grey shirt with his traditional robes waiting for him to wear. He sighed over the sudden wave of trepidation keeping him from going over to The Sly Fox early.

*Should I call her?*

He stared down at the contact on his phone

He stared down at the contact on his phone. The phone number he could never get himself to delete. The icon picture was of her nineteen year old self with her eyes closed with a wide happy grin. The often unnoticeable laughter lines of her face were present in this picture because she was in the middle of laughing when he told her to smile. He still remembered his awkward grin over asking for a picture all those years ago on the train when they exchanged phone numbers. Her happy smile was forever burned into his brain.

He sighed and put up his phone to think.

Hitoshi suddenly walked over with his backpack slung over his shoulder. The teen got one look at the man and sighed before he chose to speak with his half lidded stare.

"Well...you sure look like crap Uncle Hizashi."

Hizashi had his forehead resting against his clasped hands. "That's because I feel like crap Hitoshi."

Even without the voice amplifier around his neck he was still loud of voice, but not now. He didn't have it in him to get his voice above a whisper. Hitoshi stared at the man in shock, then groaned over the likely unnecessary drama, and sat down.

"Okay Professor Death Amp what's going on? You've been acting like dad when he only has one cup of coffee while trying to control and pissed off Bakugo from killing the class clowns. It's soooooo unlike you, that quite frankly, it's concerning."

Hizashi lowered his hands to his knees, hung his head, and paraphrased the situation he was in to Hitoshi.

2 minutes later...

"Well, Shit..."

Hizashi looked up and glared at the teenager.

"Language Boy!"

"Don't Care, That Story Earned It!" The wide eyed teen grabbed at his purple hair with one hand and shook his head in sympathy for the man sitting beside him. "Jeez Uncle Hizashi that's rough! Like Beyond Brutal. You—You Sacrificed Your Own Love-Life Just To Keep Your Brother's Secret, And Somehow Managed To Keep Your Entire Relationship With Kurenai A Secret From Miss Midnight? How The Hell Did You Manage That?"

Hizashi scowled and spoke through his teeth as his eyes darted to the windows in case they had any prying eyes. "This is my love-life kid, don't preach it loud enough for the others to hear about it alright! It's tearing me apart enough as it is...and I," he looked broken as he rested his head into his hands again and sighed. "I—I don't need another reminder of how much of a shitty boyfriend I was to her."