Chapter 275: Judgement Day

Four hours passed spent kissing and cuddling alone in the privacy of the room they stayed in before the pregnancy announcement. It had given them time to enjoy the reality of their impending parenthood. Hayato had his hand upon Miyu's stomach and throughout the entire time he spent showering her in affectionate gestures. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Miyu loved him even more.

She knew he was going to be an incredible father.
----------------------

The courtroom doors opened and the first thing Hayato saw was the puffy bloodshot eyes of the jury staring at him, it was sad to see given the context of the evidence, but he also saw a fierce conviction in their eyes. He then saw the families of the slain gasping in surprise as Miyu walked in with a hand placed lovingly upon her stomach and Hayato's arm wrapped intimately around her waist.

It spoke highly of the implications that only an idiot would overlook.

Miyu was like a stoic brick wall and despite the loving gesture of her hand upon her stomach her eyes were impassive.

Her presence alone was undaunted by the cold gaze of Touma Shi.

She remained silent over his spiteful attempts at antagonizing her. Touma laughed loudly.

"Hahaha you just couldn't keep it in your pants could you detective?"

A pulsating vein was bulged above Hayato's temple as he was forced to silence a plethora of curses through his gritted teeth.

Hayato could hear movement behind him and figured Yasuhiro was standing up in retaliation, on his friends behalf, only to be held back by Kiyomi as Touma grinned darkly.

"To ruin such a delicate flower...why, she's better off dead now."

Hayato's eyes turned red over the underlying insinuations Touma was treading heavily on.

"She's a disgrace to her family name now...oh you shameless detective, and to think that I thought you could never stoop down to that level! Hahaha How Rich!!! You're As Vile As I Am Now!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Hayato's fist clenched at his side as his knuckles cracked over the vile insult.

Miyu's voice spoke with a cold underlying tone that strangely calmed Hayato's fury like a dip in a cold ice bath. She turned to face Touma and gave a deadly threat, with expertly executed pauses for dramatic effect, and Hayato actually gulped over her fierce ire.

"I will cut out your tongue, and make you eat it like a pig, if you so dare to say another word against him."

Her eyes widened to emphasize her displeasure and then narrowed down in her threat before she spoke with her arms crossed in a smug gesture.

"Your acting like a child that's picking a fight over something stupid. It's honestly pathetic how you've resorted to this tactic..."

Her eyes seemed to glow as her hair accented her gaze to a haunting expression of justice.

"I'm no longer entertaining your little playtime squabbling. It's about time you were put in time-out...for life." She tilted her head and gave a fake grin and closed her eyes. "Don't you think, Touma Shi?"

She sighed into a scoff and shifted her gaze towards the judge. "Well I'm not sick right now so let's continue with finishing up the trial now shall we?"

The judge looked impressed and intimidated. He gave a fake cough and spoke. "Yes...let's continue. The jury and I have gone over the evidence..." his eyes darkened, "and given the insurmountable evidence against him, written by his own hand, and the fact he is pleading guilty... I see no further reason to draw this on any further."

He raised the gavel and smirked wickedly as he banged it. "We find Touma Shi guilty of all accounts and sentence him to life in Tartarus under strict surveillance and social isolation."

Miyu smiled brightly. Ayeka suddenly sighed heavily and bowed her head with her hands in prayer against her forehead. The relief and the feeling of Asami Fumiko finally earning the justice in death were hitting her hard. Shigeo looked up at the ceiling and covered his tearful eyes with his arm. His smile spoke volumes. He was beyond happy, he looked at peace.

Hayato was proud and squeezed Miyu's hand. She suddenly left his hold and walked over to Touma Shi and the guards faltered in their movements to wheel him out towards the jail transport vehicle. She stood in front of the table and took something from her pocket.

"Checkmate Professor Moriarty." She set a black king chess piece onto the table. Touma's eyes stared it down in shock. Miyu's smirk grew as she suddenly slammed her hands upon the table with a loud BAM!

The sound jolted Touma's wide eyes to stare her down as she leaned over the table to his eye level and smirked wickedly. "You lose."

She had a smug smirk on her face as she straightened her body and looked down at him.

"How does it feel getting bested by me, a Damsel Spy who bested both the famed Sherlock and Moriarty? I know Hayato's ego will survive the degradation, but you..." She smirked wickedly over Touma's seething death glare. "I find your frustration amusing...I might just visit you in prison for a riveting game of chess to test my skills? But then again, I'd probably beat you in that too!"

She waved playfully with a smirk, "Byeeeeee!" as he was wheeled out of the courtroom in a seething silence. She then turned towards a wide eyed, aroused, Hayato and grinned as she flaunted over kissing him lovingly in the presence of the court.

"I'm beat let's go and hug the families of the slain and then we can go out for an early dinner. I'm craving some Spicy Mouth Numbing Curry!"

Hayato blinked then laughed happily and hugged her whispering softly into her ear. "You sexy little minx! Shame on you Sweetness...god help me I don't think I'll survive the hormonal side of you the next coming months...you'll likely tear me apart, along with my clothes."

Miyu smiled softly as he kissed her temple lovingly before leading her towards the awaiting crowd of families who were eager to thank her for everything regarding the case, as well as congratulate Miyu on her pregnancy.