Chapter 212: Rosehip tea will make the bad memories go away

"Man Shira-Kumo's hilarious."

Shota chuckled. "Yeah the idiot somehow always found a way to tick me off while also getting me to smirk in amusement at the same time."

"I'd call that an art form dad. Especially when it's involving you."

Shota smirked with a amused tone. "Yep."

Hitoshi was smiling at his father who lazily stared at the plane flying high above them in the darkened midnight blue sky. Shota sighed softly before checking his phone for any messages from Akemi.

"Strange no messages from Akemi?"

Hitoshi spoke with concern in his voice. "Is that a bad thing?"

Shota hummed in thought, before abruptly putting up his phone to speak towards his concerned son.

"No, normally it would be. Especially back before we had kid(s). Given that our patrol routes were overlapping we'd try to text each other occasionally while on the job. Just briefly, emojis mostly. It was mainly to validate that we were both still alive and that backup wasn't needed before actually meeting up again later on."

Hitoshi blinked in astonishment over his parents slightly overkill method of communication.

*Texting, just to validate that you're both still alive! Seriously Dad!!!*

He was stunned as the pieces started falling into place. He'd never ask this outloud but it was a little unnerving the more he thought about it. *Mannnn just how much is that paranoia from your past trauma effecting your hero-work dad?*

Shota noticed his sons far off gaze and guessed he was worrying about his mother and two little sisters.

"Relax son they probably just turned in early for the night, after all they had a girls day out so I'm certain their just exhausted."

Shota leaned backwards until his back was against the roof of the building. He sighed softly as he patted the area beside him giving an open invitation for Hitoshi to join him.

Hitoshi blinked out of his thoughts and laid down on his back with a smile while gazing up at the stars beside his father.
-----------------------
At Heights Alliance, Class 1-A's dormitory, Akemi was humming softly as she gazed out of the glass door of the common room, that lead to the courtyard. She had a steaming cup of Rosehip tea in her hands. She couldn't sleep despite feeling exhausted a few hours ago.

This was one of the many times that her insomnia was calling the shots instead of sleep. A thousand thoughts were swarming around in her head. She wondered what her boys were doing right now?

She smiled softly and sipped at her tea. Whatever it was right now she hoped they were safe. Same went for the students.

She sighed softly and headed towards her Unicorn daughters bedroom. Akemi suppressed the urge to grab a paintbrush over the still bland walls. She smiled softly, despite the involuntary eye twitching, as she focuses more on the sleeping girl and less on the urge to paint the walls. Akemi sighed softly as she shook her head in faint amusement over Eri's Neko cat themed bedding.

Shota's smug grin the day she picked that out in the mall was burned into her brain, alongside Nemuri's disgusted face that was somewhere between vomiting and an awkward smile. It's hard to question Eri, especially when you see her looking so happy.

Akemi's eyes hyper focused on the bedding because it was the only thing colorful in the room well besides the hoard of stuffed animals given to Eri by the students yesterday evening.