Chapter 313: "Who are you?"

Shota was a mess as he sat in an uncomfortable chair impatiently twiddling his thumbs waiting for his wife to wake. He kept glancing at her and at the clock, it was already 12:00 at night. He sighed heavily and took her hand in his before he pressed his forehead against her enclosed hand.

"Come back to me Akemi..."

He heard her groaning and he looked up with wide eyes and faded breath as Akemi's eyes fluttered open. "What? Where—where am I?"

"Akemi!" Shota immediately hugged her, "You had me so worried!" He suddenly noticed how tense she became and he backed away. He stared at her and saw her staring at him in a state of shock and confusion.

"A-Akemi what is it what's wrong?"

Akemi furrowed her eyes in confusion.

"Who—Who are you?"

It felt like Shota's heart stopped beating, like somebody shattered the glass mirror that was his reality and exchanged it for another nightmare. This can't be real...

 This can't be real

Akemi spoke. "You said Akemi? So that's my name? I'm sorry but I don't seem to remember anything? Can you help me?"

She gazed at him like Eri had the moment he told her about his quirk. Shota was shaking as tears fell from his eyes. He stood up and hastily backed away shaking his head in grief.

*No—No! This can't be happening? Not to her! Please No! This has to be a dream!*

Akemi frowned. "Are you okay? I never got your name?"

Shota was emotionally breaking as he bit his knuckle. "I—Shota...I-I'm S-Shota A-Aizawa."

"Shota...that's a nice name. You obviously know me, so how did I get here?"

Shota couldn't look at her eyes and he closed his eyes.

"This might be a lot to take in but...your name is is Akemi. Your a pro hero. Your quirk..."

"Quirk?"

"Your Special Superpower, is a combination of your father Nobuyuki Yuriemoto's titanium hair and your mother Manami Yuriemoto's stingray barbed hair."

Akemi looked at her hair and smirked. "Makes sense. What else can you tell me?"

"Your...a martial arts teacher at a high school built to train the next generation of Heroes."

"That sounds fun."

"And..." He clenched his hands into fists. Akemi noticed and frowned.

"Shota?"

"And your married."

Akemi blinked then smiled as she looked at the two rings adorning her finger. "I guess that explains the rings. Their beautiful."