Chapter 272: The Thief turned Fighter

The next morning Akemi was smiling over the memory of Shota's reaction to Emiko's fake pink rose tattoo on her tummy at bath time last night. He was laughing with a big smile on his face as Emiko giggled happily and started kicking her legs about in his arms before he placed her in the tub.

Now Akemi couldn't stop smiling as she watched the video Jiro had taken of Shota playing his guitar only to fall asleep with Emiko being placed into his arms in exchange for his guitar. Her smile grew when Eri lead the groaning zombie that was her daddy away from his coffee cup and towards the refrigerator.

Shota groaned softly as he blinked twice with a tired grunt and when his vision refocused his eyes widened and he smiled lovingly at Eri. He affectionately ruffled his hand through her hair over seeing the drawing she made of him and Emiko sleeping on the couch.

"I love it Eri, thank you."

Hitoshi was the first one awake before Iida, and he was the first one to finish breakfast! He was at the door the moment he finished chugging his coffee down his throat.

"Come on mom let's go!"

Akemi smirked softly and she spoke. "Hitoshi Shinso-Aizawa you have three days left and I know you wouldn't leave here without giving your little sisters a hug?"

He blinked sighed softly in embarrassment and set his backpack down before walking over to allow Eri to give him a hug.

Emiko walked over in her little black shoes and little dress and hugged his legs with a happy giggle. "Oshi!"

"Keep dad entertained today for me you two okay? See ya later. Come on mom let's go already!" He was out the door with his backpack over his shoulders. Shota laughed.

"I was never that excited about research projects at his age!"

Hizashi and Akemi smirked in unison. "We Know Mister B-Average!"

"Hey!" Shota's eye twitched in irritation.

Akemi giggled and kissed Shota's cheek with love in her voice as her eyes quickly glanced at Hitoshi's rapidly fading form then back at him. "Remember what I said Sho..."

Shota smirked at her and kissed the palm of her hand. "I'll hold you to it my dear."

Akemi smirked and quickly followed her son towards the parking garage.
----------------------
Akemi smirked softly over Hitoshi the moment they entered into the Archives. She propped her feet up against a covered box and saluted Reina, who looked very amused from her station at the computer, as Akemi took out her phone to play Candy Crush.

She was determined to beat level 3350.

Today's the day! Victory will be hers!

Chiyori smiled over seeing Hitoshi's enthusiasm for Erasure's past. Hitoshi made a quick note on his phone to give a copy of his paper to her and her granddaughter Reina. After he put on a pair white gloves he was drawn back into the past. Drawn to the smell of old pine tree scented paper and teeny tiny handwriting like a moth to a flame.
----------------------

After quickly dropping Muffin off at the apartment...

Kiyomi spoke softly to Hayato with a smile as they all walked out of the baby supply store with bags along each of their arms. Yasuhiro even used his hair to hold bags!

"Hayato you really didn't have to pay for all that, we don't even know the gender yet."

Ayeka spoke up as well with an amused huff. "I agree. Did you really have to act like a pouncing alley cat when Shigeo tried to pay the cashier?"