Chapter 215: "I'll be an Underground hero!"

From the past to the future

———————————————————————

Akemi was running through the city towards the Yamada's apartment when she got the horrible news. She practically kicked open the door startling a depressed looking Mr. Yamada from the couch to go into a battle stance. Akemi's eyes were locked solely on the tear stained face and empty eyes of her boyfriend.

A scuffed up Shota Aizawa was sitting in the far corner of the living room near the balcony door with Shira-Kumo's broken goggles in his bandaged up hands.

He—He looked so broken...

Akemi broke down and hugged him sobbing loudly against his shoulder. The silent stone pillar that was Hizashi Yamada finally crumbled under the weight of his grief, and he along with a concerned and silently crying Nemuri, joined Akemi in a group hug of endless tears.

Shota blinked out of his empty staring contest with the potted plant and the floodgates were overflowing with his tears as the dam that was his emotional resolve crumbled under the pressure of a gut wrenching sob.

He closed his eyes and wailed loudly in anguish before pulling them all closer with his capture scarf as he sobbed a river of tears.

How could it have ended like this...
——————————————————————
Hitoshi had tears in his eyes as he stared at his father. Shota had tears falling down his face in his grief. He sighed heavily, bowed his head, and spoke without meeting his sons gaze.

"If it hadn't been for the Yuriemoto's flying back the next day I...I honestly don't know what I would've done regarding the hero course. The way I saw it...during my lowest point of grief...was to either drop out of U.A. entirely and get a regular job, or just
settle for a life as a sidekick."

Hitoshi's eyes widened as he instantly stared at his father. Shota looked at him from the corner of his eye and abruptly looked back in front of him. Back down towards the cars, the people, and the noise of the city that was helping to drown out the white noise echoing within his head. He closed his black eyes and sighed.