Chapter 287: Mommy's sorry

The next morning...

Akemi and Shota met with Nezu before anyone else woke up. Nezu was a before dawn rises kind of mouse-bear man, he offered Shota and Akemi a cup of coffee while he sipped at his cup of morning tea.

Nezu was more than understandable.

"I see...alright then Aizawa I'll allow this. Although Yuriemoto what do you have in mind to boost their morale?"

Akemi chewed on her lip. "I..."

Shota spoke. "I'll handle that dear. Hopefully you'll be having two guest speakers today...that is if he answers my call."

Akemi turned. "What...who are you-?"

"I think it's time for the students of U.A. become aquatinted with the Interrogation Core."

Akemi's eyes widened and Nezu looked amused. "Ah Kurotama...the no smoking rule was futile with him."

Akemi's turned to Nezu with a floored look of disbelief. "Seriously! Who in their right mind let's a fifteen year old smoke?"

Shota pulled out his phone and dialed the number, that was the only coded name in his contact list, with a smirk.

"It's a part of his quirk dear. He has a large set of lungs and when he's really trying he can send a cloud of smoke to engulf you. Once his enemies breathe in the smoke from his cigarettes it forces them to look in his direction. It causes them to hyper focus on his face dulling their sense of caution and making it easier for them to get into his mental trap."

Shota grinned and dialed the number again, then a third time...

"He'll be irritated, and most likely send Genkaku to kill my sanity, but it serves him right for not answering me the first time."

Nezu sipped his tea with an amused grin.

"Kurotama's father supposedly got beaten to a pulp by his wife for leaving the cigarettes and lighter out where young Kurotama could reach when he was four. His mother had monster strength so his father was obviously bruised in the ribs for a month. The usually addicting and rather harmful drugs of the cigarettes don't even affect Kurotama..."

Shota grinned as he put the phone on speaker when it was answered. "Kuro-"

Gun shots being fired and the sound of fabric being sheered entered their ears alongside Kurotama's yelling. "YOU GOT A DEATH WISH BOY!"

"Bad time, it's only 4:45?"

"I WAS ALMOST SHOT UP EXECUTION STYLE BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID RING TONE BREAKING MY MENTAL LINK!"

Shota smirked at Akemi and spoke with an amused chuckle. "What, so you mean to tell me that your still fighting? You mustn't be fighting that hard Kurotama...your slipping."

The sounds of machine guns going off echoed into the room. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT BOY?"

More gunshots rang out then the sounds of people being sucker punched in the jawbone rang out through the phones speaker. Shota smirked as he spoke.

"Oh nothing spectacular really, I just need you and Genkaku to do a little meet and greet with the resident gutter punks of U.A. High. What do you say Inquisitor senpai? You in or out?"

"..." A sound of bones breaking sounded then Kurotama laughed. "Ha if the Rodent agrees to it then fine. You sure your Yokai wife will allow for Genkaku's cynical humor to outshine her own?"

Shota smirked wickedly as he turned towards his wife who rolled her eyes. "Oh I'm sure that between you, her, and Genkaku the students will come to have a healthy douse of respect towards the hero's who work within the shadows hidden within of shadows."
-----------------------

6:00 am...

Akemi walked into her daughters nursery with guilt in her heart. She had refrained from entering the moment she woke up at 3:00.

Shota watched her from the doorway with a pang of sorrow over his baby girl. He saw that her mommy and daddy dollies were both shoved at the farthest corner of her crib. Emiko looked like she was crying in her sleep with her blanket bundled up in her fist. She was whimpering in her sleep. Akemi frowned softly as she picked up her baby girl and hugged her, giving her a little warmth.

Emiko woke up with a confused whimper. Akemi cradled her daughters head upon her shoulder. She closed her eyes and whispered softly. "Mommy's so sorry Emiko..."

Emiko's face scrunched up into a pitiful expression before tears fell from her eyes. She grabbed at her mommy's kimono longing for the closeness only her mother could provide. Akemi was shaking with her own tears until the pocket door opened and a sleepy bedhead Eri looked up at her only to stare wide eyed like she saw a ghost.

"Mommy..." Akemi was about to speak when Eri suddenly crashed into her legs giving a trembling hug.

Akemi was breaking down now as she saw Hitoshi leaning against the pocket door. "Eri wanted me to sleepover..."

Akemi smiled warmly and used her hair to drag him and Shota into a family hug.

"I'm sorry. I love you all so much."

Shota kissed her temple. "I'm sorry to dear."

"Oh and Hitoshi go tell the others that the paper is going to be given an extra day. After how badly yesterday ended...I-I wanted to motivate you all but instead I ended up crushing that motivation. I want to make it up to you guys. Sooo Shota managed to get two guest speakers for today."

Shota smirked. Hitoshi arched a brow.
"I see from dads grin that these guest speakers are going to be a interesting duo..."

Shota's wicked smirk grew. "Ha you could say that son now go inform the others."

"Sure thing dad." Hitoshi headed towards the common room. The students were happy to see their teachers smiling and eating breakfast together. Shota was happy to see Emiko throwing her cereal at her mommy's face. Akemi actually had her mouth open for the cereal and munched on it.

"I know I deserved that Emiko, but I won't waste good cereal."

The students snickered. Emiko laughed happily and stuffed her cereal into her mouth before throwing more at her mommy to catch in her mouth.

Shota sighed. "This is going to become a new game for her Akemi."

Eri giggled happily as she ate her spoonful of cereal beside Midoriya.

"Look alive today my little Maggots because those guest speakers are a pair of evil masterminds so you best look alive or you might just lose your minds."

Akemi smirked wickedly as she left cackling with Emiko in her arms and Eri skipping behind her. The students all paled and turned to Hitoshi.

"Don't look at me I know nothing!"

Shota smirked in passing with a cup of coffee in hand. "And it will stay as such until they arrive it's to be a school meet and greet presentation at the end of school."