Kara Danvers- Hero (c)

No one ever thought they would see the day that Supergirl would no longer be super, her powers gone and left with her being just Kara Danvers, someone who she never thought she would have to be. Although she loved her normal human self that she had created, she never believed that it would be the life she would have to live as alone without being able to be a hero or at least having the ability to do so much more than anyone else.

The DEO were looking into ways to get her powers back but there wasn't a clear answer, leaving Kara to curl up on the sofa watching terrible daytime tv, not wanting to go anywhere. She tried to hide her tears, but you couldn't miss her constantly wiping them away, trying to keep up a façade that was far from the truth.

When you came home from work, she was still in the position you had left her in. You made your way over to her and sat down by her side and wrapped your arms around her.

"How are you feeling?" You questioned.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"They are trying to find an answer everywhere," you assured her. "It won't be long before they find a way to get your powers back, you know that no one is resting until we find an answer."

As she looked up at you, you could see her tear-filled eyes and stained cheeks from a day of crying.

"What if they don't?" She whispered. "What if I never get them back?"

You offered her a weak smile, trying to comfort her but it was an answer that you didn't have.

"I'm sure they will find an answer but if they don't, then we will get through it. Your powers weren't what made you such a strong and admirable person. You're strong, you've always been. Your powers may have made you physically stronger but you never let anything get to you, you are always able to take care of yourself and the way you make sure that everyone is happy and safe around you isn't because you're a superhero, it's just because you're a good person," you assured her. "You may not be able to change the world the way you had before but that doesn't mean you aren't able to still help people."

A gentle smile curled onto her lips as she wiped away the newly fallen tears.

"Do you really think so?" She asked.

"I know you will. You'll always be my hero."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.