Chapter 198 Heart-breaking Evaluations

"Then I will sing 'Unexpected Encounter'," Mu Rou nodded softly and said.

It was one of the two popular songs that made her famous. Facing Zi Yan, who was much more talented than her at singing, she had no choice but to use her signature song, but...

'Oh Zi Yan, no matter what song you sing, you will be embarrassed later. After that, I'd like to see if you can still be so pretentious!'

Mu Rou laughed coldly in her heart. She had a very close relationship with one of the three judges and received some inside information from him, so she was quite confident in regards to the competition.

At the same time, she also wanted Zi Yan to listen to her singing. She was no longer the young newcomer who was crushed by Zi Yan. Now, Zi Yan didn't even qualify to bring shoes for her. All Zi Yan had was a beautiful face that made people jealous.

It wasn't long before the stage was vacated for Mu Rou. She grabbed the microphone and tested the sound. After that, the music and lights began to work.

She started to sing. As her mind was a little restless, she subconsciously raised the pitch of the opening lyrics a little higher and didn't realize it until several stanzas later. Her heart beat fast and she quickly composed her mind and began to sing earnestly. But when she was about to sing one of the high pitches, she suddenly realized that she didn't have enough breath for it.

What should she do?

When her voice was about to break, Mu Rou used her quick wits and intentionally tripped on her high heels.

"Ouch..."

Her body collapsed to the ground.

"What happened?" The host was frightened and rushed over to help her up.

"I didn't step firmly and sprained my foot," Mu Rou frowned slightly and said.

"How do you feel? Do you want to continue, or should we send you to see a doctor?" The host asked with concern.

"It's okay. I'm better now. The sprain is not serious." Mu Rou moved her ankle a few times, pretending to ease up, and then looked at the host and said apologetically, "I'm sorry for the trouble."

"As long as you are all right. Then, the program...?"

"Let's just continue. I am fine."

In the end, Mu Rou sang the song again. This time, her tone was normal, much lower than before.

Zi Yan was sitting in the VIP seat nearby. She looked at Mu Rou confusedly. Zi Yan vaguely felt that Mu Rou seemed unable to sing the high-pitched part just now. Did she deliberately over her own feet to avoid the embarrassment?

However, Zi Yan was not interested in this.

After Mu Rou finished her song in an orderly manner, there was a warm round of applause from the audience, including the three middle-aged men who were acting as judges. They were all nodding frivolously with praising expressions.

"Not bad, not bad, very good." The host stepped forward and said, "Mu Rou, please go to the rest area and relax. The next performer is Zi Yan. Let's welcome her."

"Mmm." Zi Yan stepped to the center of the stage.

She was not dressed as luxuriously today. Instead, she was dressed in a type of hip-hop style.

She wore light blue jeans and a pair of sneakers. The pants wrapped her slender legs and revealed her fascinating curves. But the relatively loose red sweater on her upper body made the males present a little anxious because it covered up everything they wanted to see.