Chapter 197 Compete on The Same Stage

"Mu Rou?" Zi Yan was slightly astonished.

Her information flashed into Zi Yan's mind. Mu Rou had started out on a music variety show a few years ago and had developed over a period of time, releasing several popular albums. However, Zi Yan had emerged unexpectedly at that time and overtaken Mu Rou in some programs. Zi Yan still remembered the resentment on her face.

Word of mouth suggested that she had faded from the public eye because she had married. When she restarted her career three years later, she explained at the press conference that she was single. It was not easy for a star to come back, so she was not very popular at the time and underwent an average development. Eventually, after half a year of working hard, she issued two popular songs, which made her somewhat successful.

Zi Yan knew these things about Mu Rou, but she did not know why she was here.

While Zi Yan was busy pondering this, someone gently knocked on the door a few times. Then, a man wearing a pair of glasses entered the room with a file in his hand and said,

"This is the process of today's program. Please take a look and make preparations. You will be on stage in about ten minutes."

"Okay." Zi Yan nodded her head and took the document.

After delivering the document, the man with a pair of glasses immediately left.

The program schedule was made in detail, briefly containing the kind of questions which the host would ask during the interaction so that she could think about her answers in advance.

However, as she looked at the schedule, Zi Yan arched her eyebrows.

"What's the matter, Elder Sister Yan?" Zhou Fei leaned in with curiosity. After glancing at the program, her face fell and she said angrily,

"Are you kidding? Perform on the same stage with Mu Rou? She already has so many programs. What about you? It's obvious that they want to use you to make her stand out even more! Why are they doing this? I'll ask them!"

After she finished speaking, Zhou Fei stood up and put on an angry look.

Judging from the process of the program, she understood that this program was mainly to show of Mu Rou to the audience, while Zi Yan was only here to make her stand out more.

One was Mu Rou, a former B-list singer, and the other was Zi Yan, a popular singer who almost won the title of Best Actress in the entertainment circle. The program was apparently trying to tell people that the star who had been slightly unpopular was much more formidable than the one who had been popular in the past. It was definitely an inspirational story similar to a counterattack.

Zhou Fei was totally outraged. If this program invited two stars to compete on the same stage every time, she would not say anything. However, this program always invited one special guest at a time. Why did they invite two this time? Under these circumstances, anyone would be angry.

Zi Yan grabbed Zhou Fei's wrist and looked at her with sparkling eyes. She twisted her lips for a few moments before nonchalantly saying,

"Even if they deliberately arranged to highlight Mu Rou's success but using my misery, so what? I'm already here. It's no use talking to them."

Having said that, however, Zi Yan still said it in an inevitably depressed tone.

"They're so unmanageable. A group of mercenary people! Damn it!" Zhou Fei sat back in the chair angrily and spoke while gritting her teeth.

"I don't think it's the TV station's fault. It's impossible for the producers to do such a thing. Mu Rou is an entertainer from a different company, so they can't interfere with the affairs in Hong Kong. I believe it is Meiqi who is playing this trick. She simply doesn't want you to have an easy time. Is she taking revenge on you on purpose?"