Chapter 173 The New Friend of Mengmeng

"Such a small restaurant?"

Glancing around the restaurant, Wang Jiawen didn't know if he should cry or laugh. He asked, "Such a small restaurant and you are willing to spend three million just to buy a membership card? This is... Dad, you're not being cheated, are you?"

Although Wang Jiawen didn't care about the three million fees, he was concerned about his father being cheated. If his dad was being deceived, the cost was another matter, but he would definitely report it.

"Nonsense." Wang Qiang, sounding very unhappy, said "Well, driving us here is good enough. Go ahead and run your errands! You can pick us up in two hours."

"Ah?" Wang Jiawen was speechless.

He managed to find time to visit his parents with his family and had planned to have dinner together. However, the restaurant was so tiny. And now his father wanted him to leave. How could this happening!

Even Su Yu's face shrank in dismay. Shortly after her marriage, her father-in-law was the director of the ministry and he had a powerful officer aura about him. At that time, deep in her heart, Su Yu was a bit afraid of him. Maybe in awe of him would be a more accurate description of her feelings. But when Wang Qiang retired, he gradually became friendlier. Perhaps it was due to his age. His temper had mellowed and this made Su Yu a bit more relaxed. But now, it seemed that his anger was back. He had barely spoken a few words and now he was asking his son to leave. Was he experiencing male menopause?

Wu Liying, chuckled when she saw the expressions on their son and daughter-in-law's faces. She gently patted Wang Qiang's arm and talked to him in a light scolding tone.

"Can't you control your temper and speak nicely?"

After saying that, Wu Liying looked at them with a smile.

"Your dad didn't make it clear. Today, we're here mainly to let Yihan taste the food. We only have three membership cards, which means you two can't come in and have a meal with us. You have to join the queue if you want to eat. Looking at the number of people here, we estimate that it will take an hour or more for your turn. So your dad wants you two to go out for a meal and enjoy time with each other. Come back later and pick us up."

"Oh, hey hey." Su Yu laughed and said, "It's okay. It's okay. Jiawen and I will go somewhere else to eat."

"This is the first time I've heard about this rule that each membership card can only be used by one person. Are you kidding? What kind of restaurant is this?" Wang Jiawen's eyebrows creased slightly and he felt a little dissatisfied with the restaurant.

"This is the best restaurant in the world!" Wang Qiang glared his son and then said to his wife, "Dear, let's go in."

After that, Wang Qiang took the lead and walked into the restaurant. Wu Liying smiled apologetically at her son and daughter-in-law and followed him in with her granddaughter.

"Daddy, Mommy, bye-bye." Wang Yihan stretched out her chubby palm and waved goodbye to her parents.

Wang Jiawen's expression stiffened.

Wang Qiang and the other two stepped into the restaurant, with the queue of diners staring at them, as well as Mr. And Mrs. Wang.

"Well, Jiawen, is Dad not satisfied with us?" Su Yu's mouth drooped.

"Ah..." Wang Jiawen sighed softly and said, "Of course not. We go home only once a month, how can he be happy? I want to go back often. But the business is keeping me too busy."

"I believe that Dad understands." Su Yu shook her head, gave a light laugh and said, "Shall we go out for a meal then? Would you like to try that new western restaurant on Sanhu Road?"