Mahantji was silent. A Brahmin boy was willing to marry a Kshthriya girl. A boy from upper caste and his elder sister was there who gave the approval. He couldn't say anything. If it was lower caste he could have raised hungama. But it was not possible. After the mess Sarangi was going to a upper caste family.

Vaishnav looked at Sarangi " Didi are you willing to marry Anmol Bhaiyya". Sarangi folded her hands towards the lady " Didi I am indebted to you for allowing your brother to marry me. He considers me an asset and he is not marrying me to get a son. What more can a girl ask for. Vaishnav I will marry Anmol"

" Now what you will do her Kanyadaan" hissed Mahantji.

Vaishnav looked around. Seeing the Varma's seated he went there. Rajasekhar, Maheswari, Tilak, Renu, Sudhir Vindhya with all the kids had come. He folded hands in front of Rajasekhar.

" Dadaji there are no elders in my family. Will you and Dadiji do the kanyadan of my didi."

" Rajasekhar we have not been blessed with a daughter. God has given us the oppourtunity to do Kanyadan. It is said it is the greatest dan people can do in their life time. Let us take this oppourtunity and give Sarangi a good future. A noble man has come to hold her hand" told Maheswari. Rajasekhar looked at the boy in front of him.

" Beta we will do the Kanyadan" told Rajasekhar.

" Now if everything is done bride and groom can move to Mandap. Else muhurat will pass " told the Pandit.

Mahantji walked out of the mandap irritated. Santguru followed. Vaishnav requested guests to sit.

As she walked towards the mandap Sarangi turned towards Sudhir slightly bowed her head, folding her hands towards the side so that no one easily observe it. Sudhir smiled at her telling everything will be fine. He turned towards Vindhya and they both smiled

" Will they agree Sudhir. I mean Malati is a Brahmin" asked Vindhya as they got down from the taxi

" Let us try Vindhya. If it doesn't well we will see what to do next. But we should not leave without trying naa"

They rang the bell. Malati opened the door. Seeing Sudhir she folded her hands

" Sudhir saab come. I know you said you will be coming with your wife. Come Bhabiji"

As they entered Malati's father came " Sudhir saab if you had asked us, we could have come there. Why did you take trouble to come here" he asked.

" Uncle when we have to stand with folded hands in front of you, we have to come right" told Sudhir

" Beta you have to stand with folded hand in front of us. What do we have to give you" asked Malati's mother. Soon her 2 brothers and her sister in law also joined.

" Today is Republic Day right, so everyone is at home" told Malati

" It is good only that everyone is there for the purpose we have come " told Sudhir and then he explained the whole situation

" Uncle, Aunty, Malati I know we are from different castes. But if you could allow Anmol to marry Sarangi, I will be able to help that girl from becoming the third wife of a 50 year old man. Please don't take it as an order or anything. Only if you are willing for it say it" told Sudhir

"Here is the photo of Sarangi " told Vindhya taking the photo from her vanity bag.

Malati's father didn't take the photo " Beta you gave justice to Malati. If you were not there what would have happened to us. We would have been disgraced in the society telling my daughter is characterless. I was retired. The whole family ran on her income. I agreed with Umesh's demand of keeping her marriage secret because he told if he tells his parents then Malati's income wont come home as his mother wont agree. What could we do with both Aman and Anmol studying. He was Brahmin only. What did he do. When he got more dowry he forgot Malati. So beta I have seen life very well. I know what is good and bad. I don't need to see the photo. You have bought the alliance so it will be good. I trust you. I am fine with this match".

" That's not right uncle. You have to see photo and especially Anmol. He would have had some dreams" told Sudhir as he thrusted photo in Malati's father's hand. The man looked at it and passed the photo to his youngest son who was standing leaning against the wall.

Sudhir went to him " Anmol if you have any problem don't agree. It is perfectly fine"

Anmol smiled " Sudhir Babu she is fine. I only have one request. You know I work in bank. My job is transferable. So she should be willing to adapt to various cultures and may have to learn new language also if we move South. Also I would prefer she too tries to get a job in bank as you know my didi is working and so is my bhabi. It is not mandatory". Sudhir and Vindhya thanked the family.

Next day Sudhir along with Sreedhar and Poornima met Vaishnav and Sarangi. Sarangi had managed to sneak out in the name of going to mandir. Sudhir showed the photo to her

" Sarangi he is a bank officer. 23 years old. I know you have come from a business family. But he is a salaried person. So there will be difference in lifestyle. He might move across India due to his job and you might have to adapt to new culture and learn new language . Also he expects that you also try to get a job in bank. How do you feel about it "

Sarangi looked at the photo and then at Sudhir " Sudhir Uncle even if I don't have a son I will remain his wife right. Everything else yes it might take time, but I am sure with time I will adapt to it. And yes if he can guide me what to study to get job, I will try that also"

Then they had made the detailed plan on how it will play out.

Sudhir looked at the mandap. Anmol filled Sindoor in Sarangi's maang and tied Mangalsutra in her neck. The couple came out of the mandap and took blessings of Malati, then Rajasekhar and Maheswari. Vindhya and Renu helped in Sarangi's bidaai with the help of some other ladies. As she sat in the car Sarangi looked gratefully at Vaishnav. He smiled waving at her. As the car moved out of the driveway of Samrat house Vaishnav and Poornima gave thumbs up to each other.

C(