The College Gang, Outing

Start from the beginning

" Of course left" told Gautham. " Agreed" told Anand.

Sreedhar was holding Suman with his left hand, but then in the last part of the video. Sreedhar holds Suman with his right hand.

Point number two if video is observed when they land Suman's hands are on his chest. So from there if she is trying to get up, why her hands towards the fag end move towards the back of his neck.

Kailash, Shalini and Anand were smiling now. " Shekhar nothing else you could deduct" asked Anand

" That's what I told camoflauge that is Suman's long and thick open hair is perfect. Nothing else visible. But something has happened. I am thinking should I question him. He had time in college, full privacy available and if he had done any mischief see the venue he has choosen. In midst of close to 500 people and a camera " Shekhar put the hands on his head and laughed.

" Shekhar you are not going to ask anything" it was Gautham

" Shekhar if anything has happened as you deduct it Sreedhar will already be in pangs of guilt as I know him very well. Second if he feels you know or any one of us knows he will feel very very bad. Not for himself. But for bringing Suman's honor in the midst of all. A very private moment shared like this and laughed at. You have edited the tape. As a friend you were right. But now as his friends we should not question that private moment. See their condition. Really pathetic. In one home, but completely apart. Binded in traditions and if they shared an intimate moment don't they deserve it friends. For all the pain and suffering they are under going don't they deserve 1 minute or 2 minute of that happiness. Should we go and mess it up just to have some confirmation, just to tease and add more misery "

Shekhar looked at Gautham. Always the most sensible. He patted Gautham's shoulders. " You are right Gautham. We should not look into it as we did during college days. It is not something to tease, play around anymore. The realities have changed. We have to show maturity "

" Sumanji this is punishment. I cant eat this anymore. " Suman was giving khichdi in spoon.

" One more day Sreedhar. Eat it for one more day. Once you are back home, something else will be prepared"

Sudhir and Tilak were there in the room and laughing. " Suman you have managed to make him eat this khichdi with least trouble " told Tilak.

One nurse came. " There is a phone call for Tilak Varma" she told. Tilak went out to take the call. Sudhir knew it might be from office. Tilak had asked them to call him in hospital if he was not available at home. Work was in a mess with Sreedhar in hospital, Sudhir and Tilak running around between home, hospital and work. As soon as Tilak was out Sudhir asked

" Suman wanted to ask you one thing. This idiot's face was in every television. Would your family especially your father by any chance could recognize him."

" But jethji my father has not seen Sreedhar. He doesn't even know the name. My Maa knows the name, but I am not sure whether she remembers as I was shouting around and crying only even while I talked. More than Sreedhar she might have heard I don't want to marry Maa "

" So you broke a lot of things for this fool " joked Sudhir

" My room was in a mess. That I know. I had broken everything that came to my hand. Vase, paintings, etc etc.. "

Suman I am serious told Sudhir. See if by any chance they know we have to think of a way out. You know this fight has moved to the social realm now.

" No Jethji. Chances are very less. First it is his chamchas who saw me with Sreedhar. I am sure they were not from inside the college. If it was inside the college I wouldn't have studied for 2 years. My father would have taken me from college long back. So who ever it is they might have seen me and Sreedhar outside campus. Outside campus we went only on weekends. That too on Gautham's bike. Sreedhar used to wear cooling glass. Then he never wore formals. Mostly T-Shirts that too dark color , flourscent colors like green, orange, red and those torn type of jeans. Torn and stitched you know. He never wore such things in college and at home I have never seen him wearing those. Then his hair is always falling on his forehead, never properly combed and kept, the way he comes to college or he is seen in TV and .. she stopped.

" And " asked Sudhir. " Nothing jethji " she told. " No Suman there is something more. Tell "

Suman took the food box and flask " Nothing jethji ". But for Sudhir the blush on her face told something more.

" Suman don't hide, for the relation you share with him obviously you will notice things which a girl wont notice in a boy under usual circumstances. I wont feel bad about it "

" Ask your brother Jethji. I am not telling " she walked towards the sink. Sudhir looked at Sreedhar who was laughing and asked his brother to come closer

Suman washed the vessels, but her thoughts were somewhere else

" Why cant you shave Sreedhar. So much stubble "

" Suman you know, I am too lazy to shave during weekends. Shaved on Thursday. After all it is only me and you. What big deal"

" So if with me you will walk the way you want and in college really good "

He pulled her closer to him " My dearest Sumi, tell me with whom else I can be myself. With whom else I don't need to show any pretense. With whom else I can move around the way I feel most comfortable "

She caressed his cheeks. " So you are telling me to get used to caressing you with this stubble as I will encounter them during weekends and other free time "

" Exactly get used to it. You don't mind right"

" I don't mind now, but if you are going to continue this after marriage maybe I will.. " she gave him a mischievious smile

" After marriage I wont give you time to think about my stubble. Now get on the bike " He told pulling her closer.They both laughed.

" Suman so this fool was roaming with you like a gunda mawali. Just imagine the report that went to your father. You are roaming with a boy in a bike, who is wearing a cooling glass, wears flashy t-shirt and torn jeans, unkempt hair and stubble. I am not surprised. Even if I was in your dad's place I would have fixed the next best alliance that came our way" told Sudhir, which bought Suman back to reality.

She looked at Sudhir who was now laughing like anything and they too joined the laughter as Tilak walked in puzzled what has happened in his absence.

" Bhaiyya nothing. Just that I was telling some old stories to Suman" told Sudhir

" Ok, Ok, Suman can we go. I have some work to finish"

" Yes Jethji " told Suman and walked out with Tilak. Once she went Sudhir and Sreedhar once again broke into laughter thinking about the gunda mawali look.