Chapter 61- I promise I promise

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Oh Hunter this is a surprise come on in" Stella told me.

"I was in the neighborhood sorry I can come back later if you're busy" I told her.

"No its fine. I'm just making some lunch" Stella grabbed me by my hand and she shut the door behind me. We walked into the kitchen and I saw her Grandfather sitting in a wheel chair at the kitchen table. He looked much different then the last time I saw him. His hair was a silver. He's eyes looked milky. He was shaking and he was drooling and blood was coming out from his ears. 

"Hi" I told him as I sat down at the kitchen table next to him. He looked at me and smiled a bit. 

He looked at Stella saying "Pretty boy" she leaned over his chair saying "Yeah he is a pretty boy good job do you remember who he is?" he shook his head no. "Well that's alright Gramps you don't have too because he remembers you... He'll remember for you" he seemed like he was child stuck in an old man's body that's just so horrible to go through. Stella got a rug and wiped his face then got a damp wash rug and washed the sides of he face where the blood was dripping down. Stella looks so sad. But she's was putting up a front for us and staying strong. 

"Cloe?" he asked Stella.

Stella gave him a smile and squat down saying "No Gramps it's me Stella don't you remember I'm your favorite granddaughter." he shook his head no. "Sure you do its just lost somewhere in that pretty brain of yours" she gave him a fake smile and then looked at me giving me one also. "Are you hungry Hunter?" she asked me getting up and walking to get a plate.

"No I'm good" I told her.

"Are you sure baby?" she asked me.

"Yeah I'm sure but thank you" 

Just then her Grandfather started banging his head on the table saying "Eat Eat Eat with us pretty boy" he hit his head again.

"Stop it Gramps don't do that you'll hurt yourself stop it" he continued saying "Eat with us eat with us" Stella grabbed him a bit. 

"Alright alright I'll eat with you I'll eat with you guys alright?" 

I touched his hand and he stopped. His gaze hardened on me and asked "Hunter?"

"Yeah" I told him.

"I still hate you" Stella and I smiled at him.

"Well it's good to know your back to you're old self" I told him laughing a little bit.

"Can you stop holding my hand?" his hands felt like ice like his stare.

"Yeah sorry" I moved my hand.

"Stella sweetheart can you go upstairs and fetch me my teeth so I can eat?" 

"Yes sir" she told him and walked out of the room.

He turned to me saying "We need to talk"

"Alright" I told him.

"I'm afraid I don't have much more time Hunter. And I need to know that someone will take good care of Stella alright? Can you do that for me? Take care of her to always have her back and to love her. And never ever leave her side. I'm all she's got and she's all I got. And I need to know when I;m gone she will have someone taking care of her."

"Hey hey yeah I'll take care of her" I told him.

"Even if you crazy kids aren't in a relationship I still need you to promise you'll look after her just to make sure she has everything she needs a friend, a lover, or a person she can just come to rely on can you promise me that?"

"Yes I can"

"I need to hear the words Hunter"

"I promise Sir I promise"

Stella walked back into the room asking "What are we promising in here?"

"I don't I don't remember" he look worried at me he was confused and he was scared. Stella looked confused too.

"I promise I promise" I told him I toke his hand. He looked even more confused. 

Stella's eyes filled with worry and she looked scared and she look like she was going to start crying.

"Thank you Thank you Hunter" he finally told me after a while during lunch.

"I will I promise you don't have to worry about a thing Sir" I told him... I don't know why I'm still promising him but that's all I can say too him. He started shaking again and drooling Stella started feeding him apple sauce and telling he was a good boy. 

Stella after a while got up and went into the front room and I walked in behind her knowing she wasn't alright. She was sitting on the floor. She had her face in a pillow. I could hear her lightly crying. I sat behind her asking her "Are you alright Stella" I put my legs around her and pushed her towards me some more.

"No I'm not Hunter"

"You know you got to let him go.... he's suffering" I told her getting teary eyed. 

"I know Hunter I just can't yet I just can't"

"I know baby I know" I pet her hair and kissed her cheek. She leaned her back against my chest and  I continued "Stella once you let go he's going to let go" My voice cracked and she grabbed my leg and she dug her nails into it. I kissed her head not really caring. 

"I want one more week with him Hunter" she cried even harder.

"Take as much time as you need Stella but he's hurting he's hurting bad he's going to get worst you don't want to see him like that Stella you don't. You think this is bad just wait when he can't even lift his head anymore."

"I know I know I just can't yet I don't want to lose him he's all I got" 

"You're not alone anymore Stella you got me and Vi to back you up. We got you baby girl"

"Thank you" I could barely hear her through her tears.