Chapter 66- He Wouldn't Want You Here

Stella's P.O.V.

Today was the day I finally lay my Grandfather to rest. This hurts me so much I don't want to say my final goodbyes. I want to hold his hand and tell him that I love him. I didn't get my one more week. Why did he let go before I did? I walked to the grave sight with Hunter right beside me the whole entire time. We both dressed in black I never understood the black clothing. People told me they were sorry they were like I know you two were close sorry again but I was the one who was sorry. Vi ran up to me crying and asking "Are you alright Stella?" but I walked right past her not even giving her a second glance. I just didn't care about her at this moment. I heard Hunter tell her that he was sorry and she hugged him. I sat down in the grass where his casket was lying I laid my head against it. I couldn't breath. I just wish he'll wake up and be ok. I miss him so much. I feel a hand on my shoulder and Hunter sat down next to me with Sam. 

"I'm so sorry Stella" Sam told me. 

"Thanks" I told him.

"No I'm sorry for both things. I'm so stupid" he whispered to me. He was talking about at Hunter's apartment. I hugged him and then laid my head back up against the casket. I put my hand on Hunter's thigh. It still didn't feel real. But just touching Hunter leg made me feel the reality of it all. He looked like he was praying Hunter had his eyes closed and his hand was on the casket.

 I don't want the ceremony to start. 

"Hey Stella you need to get up so the priest can begin" Hunter told me after awhile. 

I shook my head no and said "5 more minutes please" I didn't move my head off the casket I wasn't going to move till I heard from behind me.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise" 

"Seriously?" I got up and turned around. 

"Hey Sweetheart long time no see" My Mother told me.

"Not long enough... What you came here to gloat or dance on his grave or both?" I asked her.

"No just the will" my sister snapped at me.

"He doesn't want you here leave now before I remove all you guys myself" I saw Hunter give Sam a confused look.

"Oh come on sweetheart he is my father I have a right to be here" she told me.

"No Winter you lost that privilege to call him that when you hit Grandma you need to go.. This was his wish now leave." They turned around and left that was easier then I thought it was going to be but I know that they will be back. 

"Let's bury him before they come back and ruin the rest of his wishes" I sat on my seat and the boys followed.

"Now I believe his Granddaughter has a few words to say" the priest told all of us after all his talking was finished and all the praying was done with. I got up from seat.

"Hi everyone thanks so much for coming.. Today isn't about losing a friend or a family member its about remembering one and all the amazing times  you all shared with him. I remember all the great times me and Gramps here shared together. We would stay up real late sometimes and eat junk food and watch Dallas. We never finished the show I wished we had I'll never know how it turned out. I remember he would wake me real early on my birthday and holidays just to tell me he loved me and he always had something for me to open. I'll always remember how he got me through real ruff times and how he always had my back. And he always said that this hard ship will fade away and you won't remember it you always need to keep fighting and I love how he was always so positive with the world" My voice cracked and I stopped talking I looked down at my piece of paper and I just couldn't speak anymore I tried but nothing came out.

 Hunter stood up and walked over to me he kissed my head and whispered to me "It's going to be alright" he took the piece of paper from my hands and spoke up "I will always remember the best times we had the worst times we had and I'll always cherish the time we had together it was to little of a time. I remember the time when I got off the plane from Paris and he came up to me arms open and he shared his home with me. I never saw him angry only when he was talking to Winter" some of the people started laughing a little bit. "I'm glad that I knew a guy like Gramps he always had a very good and clean soul... I would love to keep on taking care of him... I would have wish for him to stay with me for at least one more week and we could have done all the things I wanted to share with him and do with him just one more week and I know he was suffering I know that... It's just hard to let him go.. I know he is in a better place and I know he is now with my Grandmother those crazy kids are never going to shut up now as we are talking they are probably playing an endless game of bridge and smoking cigars. But I'm glad they are together now.. Just one more week......Thanks for coming..." he finished I looked up at Hunter who's eyes were watering he took my hand and we sat down. I saw Hunter as we sat down wipe his eyes. 

Some other people talked and we had a laugh or two talking about our crazy time with him. Then they lowered him down into the ground. I threw my rose in the ground after him. I'll never get to see my Grandfather's face again he's forever going to be lost in my sweet memory. They lowered him down and they packed him in tightly. Everyone left but Sam, Hunter, and I. I stood there for a long time just looking at the dirt. I wanted to dig him back up. Hunter and Sam stood behind me. My legs buckled beneath me and I cried I leaned my face into the grass. Both boys sat next to me and held my hands. I don't know how I would have made it through the day without Hunter and Sammy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

So how is everyone is liking the book so far?? Kinda sad the sadness will end in a couple chapters though so do not worry...

Thanks for everyone for reading chapter 66- He wouldn't want you here.

Thanks so much you guys  :) <3 ;)