The Prince Gives Up Treatment 1

On the third day of seven months in the 28th year of Chengde, imperial study room.

This summer is very hot, making everyone felt the heat from the bottom of their hearts.

Emperor Chengde was covered with sweat, and his thin silk clothes stuck to his body but he didn't ask anyone to fan him.

In the room, all irrelevant court ladies and eunuchs have been dismissed. Now in the imperial study room, aside from emperor Chengde, there's only Hu Zhongshan, the most trusted eunuch by his side, the prime minister Su Gu, marquis of Qingyuan, Zhao Wangzhi, and the number one scholar emperor Chengde handpicked three years ago, Su Moxiu, the youngest son of Su Gu. Su Moxiu was working in the imperial study room in the present.

When Su Moxiu won first place three years ago, he was only 17 years old. He soon entered Hanlin Academy, then stayed there for three years.

Half a year ago, when emperor Chengde was chatting with Su Gu, he learned that Su Moxiu was about to have his coming of age ceremony, so he called him over to ask some questions.

Su Moxiu was eloquent and handsome. It happened that emperor Chengde's son upset him at that time, so he kept him by his side to serve him in the Imperial Study.

In the past 6 months, Su Moxiu did a very good job in the Imperial Study. Emperor Chengde also found that he is well versed in song, poetry, and the four arts, lacking nothing, he likes him more and more, so he gives him a 4th rank official uniform.

Emperor Chengde has a good temper. Whether it's Su Gu or Zhao Wangzi, they can talk freely with him. Hu Zhongshan will even joke beside him. As for Su Moxiu, he rarely speaks but everytime he speaks, it directly touches emperor Chengde's heart.

However, today, none of these people said a word. Everyone stood silently as if they couldn't wait to turn into a stone.

Emperor Chengde also had a gloomy expression. Sitting in front of the imperial table, looking at the memorial in front of him, his chest felt constricted and panicked.

There was some noise outside the imperial study room, so Hu Zhongshun trotted over and opened the imperial study's door.

A young man in his twenties in green robe trimmed with gold thread with a coiling dragon jade pendant hanging on his waist immediately entered.

This young man is 70% like emperor Chengde, his face is like crown jade, and his figure is tall and straight. There was no fear on his face even if he's going to meet the emperor. After entering the imperial study, he didn't kneel, but he raised his head and looked directly at emperor Chengde instead.

He is Zhou Zhen, one of emperor Chengde's favorite sons and the fifth prince the current empress gave birth to.

Emperor Chengde was not the former emperor's son.

The former emperor was weak, and none of the concubines in the harems were pregnant. In desperation, he can only adopt a child from the imperial family and let the empress raise him.

That child is emperor Chengde.

The late emperor's empress, that is, the current empress dowager, is very kind to emperor Chengde. Emperor Chengde was also grateful for her kindness, so when he reached the age of marriage, he took her niece as his wife.

She is Emperor Chengde first empress. After the empress gave birth to a son and daughter for Emperor Chengde, because of improper postpartum care, she passed away.

At that time, the first prince was only 2 years old, crying all day long. The newborn little princess is as weak as a cat. Emperor Chengde thought about it, then finally chose the daughter of the Wang family, a scholarly family, to be his empress. She was 22 years old and delayed her marriage due to upholding filial piety for her parents death.