she surprises your child with a puppy

Sophia sat on the counter giggling and laughing while you made her some lunch. You heard the front door close and smiled when Demi walked in the kitchen. "Hey babe." She smiled at Sophia and looked at you with a suspicious expression. Her hoodie was wrapped over her chest and she clearly hiding something under it. "Demi?"

She sighed and moved her hoodie. You heard Sophia squeal happily when she saw the puppy under Demi's hoodie. "Puppy!" She hopped off of the counter and ran over to Demi, squealing and giggling when Demi put the puppy on the floor and it started licking Sophia's face.

Demi walked over to you and chuckled when she saw you had your arms folded over your chest. "He was on the side of the road y/n. He was just left there. We have to keep him! Look how happy Sophia is." You looked over and saw her running in circles as the puppy chased her. She kept laughing and smiling, and the puppy did seem friendly. "Can we keep it?" Sophia screamed as she ran over to you, tugging on your wrist as she looked at you with big eyes, giggling as she looked back at the puppy. "Yeah we can."

Sophia cheered, running into Demi's arms and tucking her face in Demi's neck. "Thank you!" Demi giggled and twirled her around, both of them giggling as the puppy ran over and started pouting, wanting to play with Sophia again. "Better think of what to name him, Soph." She nodded and smiled, all of her baby teeth showing when she did so.

Demi walked behind you and rested her chin on your shoulder. "I live to see her that happy." Demi nodded, smiling at your words. "Me too. I've got the most adorable little family." You giggled and watched Sophia chase the puppy around. Her happiness made all the responsibilities that came along with owning a puppy completely worth it. As long as it made Sophia happy, there's nothing you won't do for her.