You break a bone

You sat in the emergency room in Demi's arms trying not to move your leg, the tears streamed down your face from the intense pain as Demi tried to comfort you the best she could. You never imagined that this is how you'd be spending your afternoon, you were just walking downstairs and scrolled through your phone, the next thing you knew you lost your balance and fell down the stairs with your leg making a horrible crunching sound, the pain hitting you within a split second. It was horrible and intense, and Demi was so scared when she saw you lying on the ground with your leg in an unnatural position. She immediately scooped you up in her arms and took you out to the car, driving you to the emergency room as fast as she could.

She wasn't exactly thrilled when the nurse told her it would be a few minutes until you'd be able to go back into a room but she eventually complied and sat down in a chair, pulling you into her embrace to comfort you. When the nurse called your name she stood up and picked you up gently, carrying you through the doors as you gripped her shirt in your hands, the pain only getting stronger and more intense than before. You felt your body hit the hospital bed, the nurse asking the regular questions and asking for some of your information before exiting the room. "Baby you okay?" You shook your head, Demi was quick to wipe away the tears that kept falling down your cheeks, her heart aching at the amount of pain you were in. "It hurts really bad." She crouched down and looked at your leg, wincing when she saw how bruised and bad it actually looked. "It looks awful baby, I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?" "Just hold my hand." She gave you a sad smile but nodded her head, grabbing your hand and letting you squeeze it as hard as you needed.

It felt like forever before the doctor finally walked in and took a look at your leg. He made sure to administer some pain medication for you before he took another look at your leg, confirming that it was most definitely broken and that you'd be needing a cast for six to eight weeks and that you'd be on crutches for, most likely, the entire time. "You okay princess? Feeling a little better?" Demi tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, giving you a sweet kiss on the forehead as the doctor placed a cast on your leg. You nodded your head and squeezed her hand again, this time just to reassure her that you were okay. "I'm starting to feel a little better. Thank you for staying here by my side." "Always baby girl. You can bet that I'll be waiting on you hand and foot for the next six to eight weeks." She giggled when she saw you roll your eyes, bringing your hand up to her lips to give it a few feather kisses before leaning down to kiss you softly, wanting you to know that she meant it- she was gonna be there to take care of you until you could do things on your own again, and she looked forward to every second of it.