"YOU are the most important thing in my life"

A/N: not gonna lie I sobbed while writing this chapter. I love love and I love Demi and ahh my heart is so happy reading this back! Possibly one of my favorite things I've ever written, I love it a lot and I really hope you all do too. Xx 💋❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Demi had been working hard lately on her new album, leaving early in the morning and coming home late in the evening making the huge house you two shared together feel even more lonely. You knew what you were signing up for when you began dating her, but you two were engaged now and you had really hoped that as the wedding creeped closer she'd be home more. She had left most of the wedding planning up to you telling you that this was your day and anything you wanted you get. She wanted you to feel like a princess, but you weren't feeling as excited about getting married in less than 2 months when she was rarely home.

It was another day. You woke up at 9am to find that Demi wasn't next to you once again, your heart breaking a little more inside your chest. You got up and brushed your teeth, walking downstairs to make yourself breakfast. You tried to pass the time again, finding Netflix shows and movies to watch, interacting with fans on social media, talking to your friends and parents, but you still felt lonely. You looked at the clock on the wall as you grew restless watching new girl on Netflix, the time was 10pm and you sighed. You turned off the tv and walked upstairs, your feet dragging on the carpet as you walked into your bathroom, looking at your reflection in the mirror and trying not to breakdown. You washed your face and brushed your teeth again before climbing into bed and turning the tv on, flipping through the channels to find something good before deciding to watch criminal minds. Your eyes closed as you gave up on waiting for Demi to get home. You were frustrated and hurt, feeling lonely and unimportant. Why would she propose to you if she never wanted to be home with you. You jumped when you felt a hand on your back before relaxing when you felt it was Demi but you couldn't shake the feeling of hurt that you felt. "I'm sorry princess, did I wake you?" You stayed silent as you continued to lay on your side so you didn't have to face her. "Y/N? Baby girl what's going on?" "Maybe you'd know if you were ever home." "What?" "What? What do you mean 'what'? Demi you're never here! I'm here by myself from the time I wake up till I go to sleep! You spend so much time in the damn studio that I've been planning the wedding on my own for 5 months! We're getting married in less than 2 months and you probably don't even know where at. You know why? Because you're never around for me to tell you! I feel so unwanted and unimportant. Sometimes I think about giving you back the fucking ring." "Princess-" "Don't. You know what? I wanna be alone tonight. I'm gonna go sleep in the guest room." You grabbed your things before walking to the downstairs guest room, tears streaming down your face.

You woke up the next morning and checked your phone '7:45am'. You sighed and got up to go upstairs to brush your teeth but your heart dropped when you saw Demi cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Weird.. she was normally gone by now. Were you dreaming? You cleared your throat making Demi jump and turn around, a sad smile appearing on her face. "Hey." "Hey. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the studio?" She shook her head and brought a plate of breakfast to you, grabbing your hand and making you sit at the table before she kissed the top of your head and walked upstairs. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion but ate the breakfast anyways. After you finished and put your plate in the sink you walked upstairs hesitatingly to brush your teeth. You saw Demi sitting on the bed with the notebook that all the details for the wedding was written. "What are you doing?" "Hm? Oh just seeing what you've got here." You nodded your head and turned around to walk into the bathroom but turned back around, your heart fluttering as you saw Demi reading through every page. You walked towards her and sat down next to her, taking a deep breath as you took the notebook from her. "Princess... What are you doing? I was reading that." "Why? This is the first time in 5 months that you've opened this. Why now?" She looked down at her feet on the floor before she looked back up at you. "Because it's important to you. Y/N I'm sorry. I'm the worst fiancée ever. You're right, I should've opened that notebook sooner. I should pay more attention and ask you questions about it because this is our wedding. You said a few things last night that really got to me.." "Demi-" "no, Princess let me finish. You said that sometimes you've thought about giving me the ring back.. y/n, that broke my heart. As soon as you left the room I cried. I feel so awful that I've been making you feel so alone and that I've been so absent from you that you think about calling it quits. Princess, when I asked you to marry me 5 months ago I did it because I love you. I thought back to my speech and I promised you that I'd always be here for you and make you feel loved, but I've let you down and I'm so sorry. You said last night that you feel unimportant but baby, YOU are the most important thing in my life. Forget all of this performing and making number one albums and winning all these awards and selling out all these venues... they mean absolutely nothing compared to you. You are my person. You are the reason I am here today. You make me so fucking happy and I'm so so sorry I've made you feel the complete opposite!" She was crying at this point and your heart broke. The only thing you could do was pull her into your arms as she buried her face into your neck, her tears making your skin wet. "Demi I'm sorry. I should've never said that." "No! I'm so happy you did because you brought me back to reality. You helped me focus back on what matters the most. I love you so much y/n, I always will. Please forgive me." You rested your forehead on hers, nodding your head as you began to cry too. You pressed your lips onto hers and pecked her lips a few times. "I forgive you. I love you too. It's okay now baby, everything's fine." She nodded her head and looked into your eyes making your breath hitch, your heart racing as she pressed her lips onto yours, this time the kiss getting more passionate and heated. "Wait. Why didn't you go to the studio today?" She laughed and shook her head, looking back into your eyes. "You're silly. Because of you Princess. I called my producers and manager, told them I won't be recording again till after our honeymoon like 3 or 4 months from now." "What? Why?" "Because you come first princess. You always come first. Last night I didn't sleep, I couldn't. All I could think about was you. Us. When I realized how much I've fucked up lately, it got me thinking about the future. Pictures of us in the future kept flooding through my mind. All I could think about was you, our wedding, our honeymoon, us having kids together in the future, adopting a ton more too. I love you so much y/n. You're the only person I wanna be with." You smiled and laid down on the bed before you pulled her down on top of you, kissing her hard. Your heart was racing and pounding against your chest, the love and appreciation you have for her running through your veins. She pulled away a few minutes later making you groan as she smiled and bit her lip, reaching over to the edge of the bed and grabbing the notebook before laying down next to you. "So, What's next? What do you have planned so far? What else do we have left to plan? Tell me everything and don't leave out a single detail!"