Trust issues

It was something that you've feared since you started dating Demi; that one day she'd find someone better or she'd lose interest and walk away from you. You have a habit of getting attached to people too easily and it scared you to get attached to Demi, mostly because a lot of the people you've gotten attached to left at some point and that left a nasty scar on you.

When you first started dating Demi you swore to yourself that you'd take things slower, that you wouldn't allow yourself to get so attached because you didn't want to lose another person and let it devastate you like usual. But fuck, it was nearly impossible not to get attached to Demi. The way she made you feel was indescribable. She made you feel so good, about life and yourself. She told you were beautiful and she made you feel it, made you feel worthy and happy. But you still feared she'd walk away from you one day.

Your heart sunk when you saw it. It was everywhere. On the news, in the magazines, all across social media; everywhere. Demi was pictured with another girl and she was kissing her. Tears ran down your cheeks as you ran upstairs, slamming the door behind you. You grabbed your suitcase and began to throw clothes into it when you suddenly heard the door slam downstairs. "y/n!" Demi's voice echoed as she ran upstairs, throwing the bedroom door open to find you packing your suitcase. You looked up at her with tears in your eyes and it made Demi's heart break. She swallowed thickly before speaking up. "What are you doing?" You scoffed and grabbed another suitcase, throwing more clothes into it. "What the fuck does it look like I'm doing? I'm leaving. Clearly you've found better." Demi groaned and chuckled nervously. "What?" You threw one of your shirts on the bed angrily. "Do you think I'm stupid or something? I saw it Demi! It's everywhere!" Demi pulled out her phone and scrolled through her Instagram before she dropped her phone on the floor and walked over to you.

"y/n please listen to me." You shook your head and zipped up your suitcase. Demi began to panic and did the only thing she could think of; grab your other suitcase that was unzipped and take all the clothes out of it. You scoffed at her again and grabbed your clothes that were now scattered across the floor. You dropped them on the bed and rolled your eyes at Demi, grabbing the suitcase that was ready to go before pulling the handle up and running downstairs. "y/n! Listen to me. Please princess!" The nickname made you stop in your tracks. You turned around to look at her. You were still in tears and Demi had this overwhelming urge to pull you in her arms and hold you, but she knew you'd fight her on that. So instead she walked closer to you, still giving you space but still close enough to grab your hands. "You have to believe me when I tell you that I'd never ever cheat on you. I could never hurt you like that." Your lowered your chin and sobbed, shaking your head but squeezing Demi's hands. "We've been through this before y/n. The media will do anything they can to get a story. That girl was a fan. It's all photoshopped, I swear."

You looked up at her and took a sharp breath, sniffling and looking back down at the floor. "You know how much I love you y/n. I know you've had people do this to you in the past, but I'm not them. I love you so much baby girl. I'll never walk away from you or risk losing you. I could never hurt you like that." You felt her fingers under your chin and she lifted it up so you would be looking at her. You sobbed once more before walking closer to her, laying your head on her shoulder and sobbing into it. "I'm sorry. I'm stupid to ever believe that you would do that to me." Demi shook her head and kissed the crown of yours, letting a tear fall from her eye as a weight was lifted from her shoulders. "You're not stupid princess, don't you ever say that. You're amazing and beautiful and I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine." She kissed the corner of your mouth and smiled at you, resting her forehead on yours and letting a giggle leave her kips when you kissed all over her face. "So is everything okay now?" You nodded and Demi sighed in relief. "Good. Now let's go unpack this suitcase and get all your clothes hung up again. Then we'll order some takeout and watch a movie. That sound good baby?" You nodded your head and hugged Demi's body close to yours, both of you giggling as your noses brushed together. "That sounds absolutely perfect, Demi." She kisses your cheek and grabbed your hand, leading you upstairs and you dragged the suitcase behind you, this time for a different reason and a much happier one. You two would always get through your rough patches and it'd make it easier for you to trust her and open up to her.